Consumer Reports Review

Dprochef

So I just got the new issue of Consumer Reports with the new reviews for 2017 cars. And of course the Wrangler got the absolute worst rating of any car/van/SUV/or truck. A 28 out of 100

I just don't think these guys get it. We don't care! It's a Jeep and that's what we want. It is what it is.

Kinda like when my 4 year old asked why I take the doors and roof off... and I say "Because I can honey". Then she asks why don't we take Moms Acadia doors off.... "Because they can't baby, sorry"

And also why my wife bottomed out the front skid plate parking on a curb at a mall. They don't mention anything about that, so they :)

Even with the reviews, I love my Jeep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sc_rhino

With such a bad review wouldn't they think sales would suffer. That's not the case b/c people don't care.

The BAD Influence

I've been looking at getting a renegade for my daughter. Across the board Jeeps reviews are not that good. They own the market with the Wrangler. My opinion is that they stop trying to be something they're not and stick to what they know​ and are good at. Drop all those other models. Didn't they learn from the disaster that was the commander experiment. Also, the reviews are for Soccer mom's that will never use the Jeep as intended.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other."

You can't get awesome CR ratings and be good offroading.

Bonus points if you can tell me chapter and verse.

jeeeep

Hooked
I find it funny they try to compare the wrangler to the likes of ford edge, dodge journey etc...and at times even the higher end suv's like the range rover :cheesy:

I've never seen it compared to the Toyota FJ or anything that is actually in it's class - but I suppose that's why it wins awards and is as popular as it is - it's in a class of its own :thumb:

Now I've owned range rovers, jaguars and other lux cars - while incredibly comfortable and nice they were just not as fun as my Jeep or muscle cars. but they were women magnets when I was younger and cared lol

Kalums

I find it funny they try to compare the wrangler to the likes of ford edge, dodge journey etc...and at times even the higher end suv's like the range rover :cheesy:

I've never seen it compared to the Toyota FJ or anything that is actually in it's class - but I suppose that's why it wins awards and is as popular as it is - it's in a class of its own :thumb:

Now I've owned range rovers, jaguars and other lux cars - while incredibly comfortable and nice they were just not as fun as my Jeep or muscle cars. but they were women magnets when I was younger and cared lol
Yeah but better women are attracted to Jeeps and muscle cars... :cheesy : :cheesy :

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

In all of my pre-jeep ownership research, I never once looked at consumer reports or any other yuppie-type magazine reviews. I knew that those types of reviewers mostly wear cardigans and polo shirts. Not me....

Draconianwinter

Jeep wrangler has never had a good review from those people as far as I know, they also don't review it for what it is best at.

sent from your basement

whatroads

Consumer Reports does not have the background or experience to evaluate automobiles and, far be it, Jeeps. Anyone that believes CR deserves to be driving an under powered gerbil car. CR should stick to what it knows: Evaluating electric razors

Ddays

Hooked
Honestly, how can we argue the facts that CR laid out in the review? Face it, Wranglers are loud, get shitty gas mileage, have fair to shitty reliability, handle ok, but surely no one would say great, waaaaaaaay overpriced for what they are, I could go on and on and on.

What the article can't relate is that these, like Harleys and maybe Vettes a little, are lifestyle vehicles. We love them for what they can do and where they can take us. Rad blows out at 38,00 miles? So what -got me one on Amazon for $100 that I'm putting in this weekend. If the same thing happens with the family truckster we're bitching up a storm! Throw a 4" lift on it and all the warning lights go off? Eh, cut the purple wire and throw a cut-off switch on that bitch!

But we all know this. We just choose to overlook all the crappy properties of the damn things because for us, it just doesn't matter.

JokerJ420

We are all here gathering at Wayalife , talking about our way of life, because we drive a Jeep [||||||] no matter what any f@#$ review say's. I love my Jeep and my Wayalife. 🖒👋

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm going to sell my jeep and get their #1 pick for an SUV, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I'll start a forum on modding it too. See you on the trails!

:icon_crazy:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Anyone that reads Consumer Reports to help decide if they should buy a Wrangler should confirm that they have a vagina in their pants and get a Toyota instead! Sorry ladies.

Growlz

It's amazing that such a "crappy" vehicle sells every one that's built. No rebates, no incentives. You don't read that in CR... go figure.

In all of my pre-jeep ownership research, I never once looked at consumer reports or any other yuppie-type magazine reviews. I knew that those types of reviewers mostly wear cardigans and polo shirts. Not me....

I do wear a polo shirt off roading a lot and its comfortable but no cardigans. Had my JK for 3.5 years no problems yet. Seems reliable to me so far.

Yes, I did get the water up to my headlights and no problems.

azyjjk

I remember reading CR in the 1960's about the Corvette (have a 64 and still do after 40 years). They always gave them a poor rating because they had to much HP.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other."

You can't get awesome CR ratings and be good offroading.

Bonus points if you can tell me chapter and verse.

Right on Granite, its all about the audience. Matt 6:24 for the bonus

Forbes doesn't like them either. They even say Jeeps have low resale values so their credibility is suspect right off the bat.

deezus

Consumer reports is wrong a lot, they give positive reviews for instance on Appliance brands i fix all day long. In fact, those brands help put big tires, lift kits, spods etc on the jeep. Ty Consumer Reports!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom