New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

maaicher

Do the rubber pads on the tailgate hinges prevent the tailgate from swinging open too wide? If so I am sold, thats my biggest issue with other models out there.

tgoss

Do the rubber pads on the tailgate hinges prevent the tailgate from swinging open too wide? If so I am sold, thats my biggest issue with other models out there.

I guess I'm a little lost on what "too wide" means. The gate won't open any further than the hinges will allow and those rubber stoppers are useful to rest the gate against but are pretty soft and mine have broken down a good bit to the point where the carrier is making contact with the hinge.

boardsurfer

That is what they are intended for, yes. You have to go a fair bit past 90 degrees to make contact with them which I seem to do pretty rarely. Mine are in good shape still.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm tempted to replace my ACE rear bumper carrier with this. The only real benefit for me would be losing the 190 pound bumper for a lighter option. But I have a lot of features I have to make up for:

Tire carrier- Use the EVO
Rear d-rings- EVO d-rings
Hitch- need to source a MOPAR hitch (I threw mine away)
Rear back up lights would need to be added
Rear camera- not sure where to mount that.
Probably need the fascia to clean up the look, or maybe find an ultralight rear bumper.
Jerry can holder, going to loose that
7 pin trailer plug will have to be bolted to the bottom of the cross member
CB antenna- already have the fire ring, so it should fit

I should be able to get at least 100 pounds off the rear of the jeep.

View attachment 247065

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
So.... the wheel studs are 2 on one side, and 1 on the other? Any way to get 1 up, 2 down or vice versa? My AEV 3rd brake light will work with either of those orientations, but not sideways....

jkruiser

It's (2) on top, (1) on the bottom that's off to the right side. The (2) studs on top end up being the (2) that are longer apart from each other as oppose an upside down triangle....if that makes any sense.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I took the plunge and ordered it up. I'm also going to relocate the license plate to the center of the tire and try out the ACE hammer town rear fascia since no body else has it yet. I'll report back with pics when I install it.

According to my math, I should get about 90 pounds off the back of my jeep. The ACE bumper/carrier is 160 pounds. The EVO carrier is 45, ACE fascia and d-rings are 26, plus the factory hitch and plate relocation bracket.

zimm

Caught the Bug
It showed up today. 2 trash bags of green peanuts later and some shop vac work, I got it extracted from the box. Sneaky EVO likes to put empty cardboard boxes in there all taped up. I opened them all just to make sure I wasn't throwing away any hardware or stickers. The tire mount was riding on the top corner of the carrier, so it gouged the metal pretty good. I had to hit it with texture black spray paint. The great news is the lugs are now 1 up, 2 down, so my AEV 3rd brake light will work. Now I need to change tactics on the license plate bracket- I have ACE on order because it has a 3rd brake like on it, but now I don't need that. Hmmm....

33516803276_77f8cd6466_c.jpg

33400924972_a4a26a525a_c.jpg

Resqnu

It showed up today. 2 trash bags of green peanuts later and some shop vac work, I got it extracted from the box. Sneaky EVO likes to put empty cardboard boxes in there all taped up. I opened them all just to make sure I wasn't throwing away any hardware or stickers. The tire mount was riding on the top corner of the carrier, so it gouged the metal pretty good. I had to hit it with texture black spray paint. The great news is the lugs are now 1 up, 2 down, so my AEV 3rd brake light will work. Now I need to change tactics on the license plate bracket- I have ACE on order because it has a 3rd brake like on it, but now I don't need that. Hmmm....

33516803276_77f8cd6466_c.jpg

33400924972_a4a26a525a_c.jpg

Great to hear about the studs, 1 up/2 down. Sucks about the scuffs. Keep us updated on the install.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

onebadtwo

Am I the only one who gets upset about improper packaging causing damage? If I pay extra for powder coat, I expect it to come in free of damage...

Dopey84

Love those EVO peanuts! There are still plenty of them in my basement. :crazyeyes:

Bummer about the scuffs.

Haha when I got my stinger the box was filled with these infamous peanuts I thought I got them all out before I installed it however I have found quite a few still dropping to the bottom after a good drive...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom