Anyone running ARB Intensity lights?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Do they sell X-Ray lights over there? They have a really good range of round LED lights from 5-7". Including a couple of cheaper models. Also check out light force. Those ARB lights are stupid expensive and really not much better than some of their cheaper competition.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Like you, I really can't stand the square light thing. I mean, I have some and use them for the rear but only because they were small and worked for what I needed at the time. Up front, I run Truck-Lite spots. Not as bright as the ARB Intensity lights but they are round, get the job done for what I need and cost a lot less.

https://www.amazon.com/Truck-Lite-8...eywords=Truck-Lite+7+Inch+LED+Spot+Lamp+81701

Thanks for the link Eddie! Funny - Coz texted me regarding your lights this morning as I was walking out the door. Question though - did yours come with the covers? I didn't see them anywhere on their website.

Do they sell X-Ray lights over there? They have a really good range of round LED lights from 5-7". Including a couple of cheaper models. Also check out light force. Those ARB lights are stupid expensive and really not much better than some of their cheaper competition.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like X-Ray is available here..the site only shows AU on the map...

Light Force IS available and they look good as well

https://www.lightforceusa.com/lights/180mm-round-led-driving-light

Looks like these 3 are all good choices. Probably gonna look at specs of all of them & decide.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was looking at ditching my bar on my bumper and going to something like the arb, and was going to get a knockoff set but I am anal and like having my amber covers which most dont offer. ARB look awesome but the price is just stupid for a set of lights you wont use much. Those light force look really good tho :thumb:

Napalm

Glad I found this thread. I was just gifted a set of these(off brand LEDs) and was considering running them on my Quarter Pounder, but at 5.5 inches they seem huge on the front bumper. then thought maybe the A pillar?

What do you guys think?
IMG_1601.jpg

(Sorry DDays for the thread hijack)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the link Eddie! Funny - Coz texted me regarding your lights this morning as I was walking out the door. Question though - did yours come with the covers? I didn't see them anywhere on their website.

I apologize for not responding sooner. My lights did not come with covers. At the time, I contacted Truck-Lite and let them know that it would be a good idea for them to offer them and they ended up sending me a set. That was a few years back and I don't know how things work now - just that covers are made for them. You may need to call and ask about them prior to ordering.

Ddays

Hooked

No need to apologize bud - I've seen those Superbrightled lights online. What's the quality like on them? They look pretty good.

I apologize for not responding sooner. My lights did not come with covers. At the time, I contacted Truck-Lite and let them know that it would be a good idea for them to offer them and they ended up sending me a set. That was a few years back and I don't know how things work now - just that covers are made for them. You may need to call and ask about them prior to ordering.

No worries Eddie - thanks! I've seen a denim cover offered but yours look like hard plastic. I'm going to give TL a call today.

Napalm

No need to apologize bud - I've seen those Superbrightled lights online. What's the quality like on them? They look pretty good.

Quality seems pretty decent. They don't feel cheap by any means.

They are huge, for what I am used too. It looks like I am going to HAVE to mount them on my A piller because they won't fit on my 1/4 Pounder. They rub on my winch.

Ddays

Hooked
Quality seems pretty decent. They don't feel cheap by any means.

They are huge, for what I am used too. It looks like I am going to HAVE to mount them on my A piller because they won't fit on my 1/4 Pounder. They rub on my winch.

You're runnin a 1/4 pounder, right? Eddie has his TL's mounted on his. Course he has a Powerpland & the TL's might be configured differently, Oh well.

Honestly, I am getting light-bar'd & light-cubed out. These damn things are on everything anymore. I saw a guy this morning with an old clapped out Civic with a 24" bar mounted on the front of his hood! :cheesy:
It seems like every Jeep I see anymore has at least one bar on it. Nothing wrong with what you want to spend your money on. IDK, I guess I'm more of a functional/minimalist guy. I like the old school look of the round lights - I grew up on KC Daylighters!

Napalm

Eddie, how are your Truck Lites mounted to your 1/4 pounder? Are you using the EVO fairlead light mount bracket ?

Last edited:

Heavyhaul07

Glad I found this thread. I was just gifted a set of these(off brand LEDs) and was considering running them on my Quarter Pounder, but at 5.5 inches they seem huge on the front bumper. then thought maybe the A pillar?

What do you guys think?
View attachment 241496

I run something similar to those on my a pillar. Just cheap ones that I have. Roughly 4-5 inches diameter. I'm happy with them I don't think they look bad where they are. IMG_0684.jpg

BlackDiamond_JKU

Anyone running the new KC Gravity Led lights yet? They also offer the gravity inserts for the older Daylighter housings

http://www.kchilites.com/replacement-parts/gravity-leds/6-pro-sport-gravity-led.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've been thinking about doing these.
I run dual rigid squares right now, and I've grown tired of that "square" look the cubes give you

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

Ddays

Hooked
^^ Those are pretty nice! I just checked their site. Nice output too. I like that size as well. Thanks for posting these - I added them to my short list!

Top Bottom