Organizations trying close 4x4 trails

safecracker909

And DON'T forget that these same people hire people to "plant" a bug or lizard that does not and cannot live in that area just to try to get it closed. I don't remember the details but a lizard was used for this purpose once and I will say thankfully the the USFS saw thru the ruse and ruled against the nut jobs.

We all in the off-road world need to get our sh!t together to become a force to reckon with. Dirt bikes, quads, OHV's, UTV's, ATV's, 4X4's all need to work as one big group to fight for our right to use public lands in a responsible way, not to be locked out of OUR public lands by anybody! Can I get a "hell ya?"

Hell ya! But what are YOU going to do as one person. This a why I mentioned earlier to join California Off Road Vehicle Association CORVA. You don't have to live in California to be a member. I really think CORVA is the hardest working group out there protecting everyone's right to use any trail.

They say everything starts in California. Once California is off limits, so is the rest of the country.

jeff_in_rc

Hell ya! But what are YOU going to do as one person. This a why I mentioned earlier to join California Off Road Vehicle Association CORVA. You don't have to live in California to be a member. I really think CORVA is the hardest working group out there protecting everyone's right to use any trail.

They say everything starts in California. Once California is off limits, so is the rest of the country.

What am I doing you ask? I belong to: Cal4wheel, CORVA, The Blueribbon Coalition, and the Gear Grinders 4 Wheel Drive Club. We as the club have many adopt-a-trails that we maintain in conjunction with the BLM, USFS, and NPS IIRC. We also help The Friends Of Cerro Gordo with manpower and supplies as needed.

I have only been 4 wheeling for a little over 2 years but before that when I rode dirt bikes I worked with the USFS every year for 8 years clearing the trails in the Kern Plateau AKA Kennedy Meadows. I do what I can to help with my back as well as my wallet, just wish I could afford to do more!

safecracker909

What am I doing you ask? I belong to: Cal4wheel, CORVA, The Blueribbon Coalition, and the Gear Grinders 4 Wheel Drive Club. We as the club have many adopt-a-trails that we maintain in conjunction with the BLM, USFS, and NPS IIRC. We also help The Friends Of Cerro Gordo with manpower and supplies as needed.

I have only been 4 wheeling for a little over 2 years but before that when I rode dirt bikes I worked with the USFS every year for 8 years clearing the trails in the Kern Plateau AKA Kennedy Meadows. I do what I can to help with my back as well as my wallet, just wish I could afford to do more!

I'm sorry. I meant YOU as an individual vs a group. And not you in particular.
Awesome that you do as much as you are doing. We need more of us out there standing up to protect our rights as humans to go where we want and when we want. So long as we are destroying our surroundings.

Last edited:

jeff_in_rc

I'm sorry. I meant YOU as an individual vs a group. And not you in particular.
Awesome that you do as much as you are doing. We need more of us out there standing up to protect our rights as humans to go where we want and when we want. So long as we are destroying our surroundings.

OK I guess you meant "you" as everyone else out there in Wayalife land? Hey no problem, I get it now. I have been known to be a little slow! LOL
The more of us standing together the better off we will ALL be huh!

safecracker909

OK I guess you meant "you" as everyone else out there in Wayalife land? Hey no problem, I get it now. I have been known to be a little slow! LOL
The more of us standing together the better off we will ALL be huh!

It's my fault. What I think and what gets typed are not always the same. Too much GMO food. :-(. But you are right. We need to stand as groups and not individuals.

jeff_in_rc

It's my fault. What I think and what gets typed are not always the same. Too much GMO food. :-(. But you are right. We need to stand as groups and not individuals.

No worries man, no worries! It's all good. :)

Now a question for the masses, how DO we get everyone that uses our public lands to stand as one group?
If we could do this we would be one hell of a group! I have been trying to answer that question for years now.

safecracker909

Now a question for the masses, how DO we get everyone that uses our public lands to stand as one group?
If we could do this we would be one hell of a group! I have been trying to answer that question for years now.

The problem is human nature. If it doesn't effect me, than it is not my problem. Closing a trail in another county or state is not close enough to home to affect many people. Just keep spreading the word and try get people to join worthy organizations.

jeff_in_rc

The problem is human nature. If it doesn't effect me, than it is not my problem. Closing a trail in another county or state is not close enough to home to affect many people. Just keep spreading the word and try get people to join worthy organizations.

Man did you hit the nail on the head or what! That is the exact problem, apathy at it's finest I'm afraid. I will keep doing what I can as I know you will as well, thanks for your support!

And a big THANK YOU to all of you who get involved in one way or another to help keep public lands open for the public to use!

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
There should be a special place in hell for SierraClub and Greenpeace dolts, where jeeps run over them continuously, and the enviroweenies like them who take things too far, have to watch asthedrivers and their families are having fun with responsible off-roading.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Oops. Two year old thread resurrection.

Anyway, those irrational enviroweenies also affect my job in construction. No one wants to see the environment irreparably harmed. But there's responsible ways to allow off-roading irresponsible ways, as there are ways to produce electricity using fossil fuels responsibly.

Last edited:

Battle Born JK

This is a old thread but from 2014 to present time what is the status of the trails are the damn tree huggers winning the battle of the trails or are they staying open for us to use and enjoy.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
This is a old thread but from 2014 to present time what is the status of the trails are the damn tree huggers winning the battle of the trails or are they staying open for us to use and enjoy.

Hell, I'm more worried about others coming onto National Park lands to establish oil fields and such instead of a "tree hugger".

Brute

Hooked
Hell, I'm more worried about others coming onto National Park lands to establish oil fields and such instead of a "tree hugger".

I agree with this...the new administration is about to unwind a lot of protections current Monument lands enjoy...we need to continue supporting groups like the Blue Ribbon Coalition & Tread Lightly

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom