NEW Jeep JL Wrangler Spy Shots & Production Dates

Kaylinator

Not sure how I feel about the curvature of the grill. Looks kind of cool, but definitely a departure from the "straight brick wall on the highway" look.

I'm excited to see what they come out with. I keep talking about getting a more fuel efficient DD so I can build up my JK. Maybe a 2 dr JL could be that more fuel efficient vehicle!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

CedarRaider

So the news said the Toledo plant will shut down and layoff workers for 6 months to re-tool then recall and add 700 jobs. Any guesses as to how big of a change this means for the wrangler. I know it's normal for this but I don't recall any 6 month shutdowns for other model changes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

So the news said the Toledo plant will shut down and layoff workers for 6 months to re-tool then recall and add 700 jobs. Any guesses as to how big of a change this means for the wrangler. I know it's normal for this but I don't recall any 6 month shutdowns for other model changes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I thought I also heard on the news something about a plant in Illinois when they were talking about wrangler production? I probably misunderstood but thought they were all made in Toledo (wranglers not all models)

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I think the technical term they are using is "furlough" as opposed to "layoff" and once they are up and running again, they are planning on hiring an additional 700 people to the 3,200 workers. It's a big move as they retool from making Cherokees with their uni-body to a body-on-frame Wrangler. The prior is a FWD base vehicle and the later is a RWD base.

Top Bottom