Random Photos

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Paid or volunteer as far as I'm concerned we are all brothers......all fighting the good fight.......I was a volunteer firefighter for 5 years prior to going paid..........

Little known fact:
For fire departments, there are an estimated 30,100 fire departments in the U.S. Fifteen percent of all departments are all career or mostly career while 85% of the departments are mostly volunteer or
all volunteer.

~Woodrow~

I was a volunteer for 6 years before moved out to California. I lived every minute of it.

YoungFire

Well you know what cops and fireman have in common right?

Fireman's wives ;)

Hahahaha maybe the rest of them do! Silly badge bunnies, you guys would have no fun without them.....
Well good thing we won't be sharing boyfriends/ husbands and won't have to deal with that!!

BobV

Didn't know there were other firefighters here... Here is a pic of our field fire rig you guys might like ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397618998.029215.jpg

Hack12

HAHA! Are you a prison guard?

My gf's dad was a guard @ pelican bay for a long time, he doesn't talk about work much.

Yeah, I've been one for a little over 8 years. I get your gf's dad, we rarely have anything pleasurable to talk about...especially with sane people. Lol

Brankz

Yeah, I've been one for a little over 8 years. I get your gf's dad, we rarely have anything pleasurable to talk about...especially with sane people. Lol

Your job is awesome! What do I have to do to become a correctional officer?

Hack12

Your job is awesome! What do I have to do to become a correctional officer?

It varies quite a bit from state to state. Here in Rhode Island, we are sworn peace officers with full arrest powers. The hiring process and academy mirror the police hiring process and academy almost identically. Not sure if all states are like that or not.

We are very fortunate. Our CERT Unit, K9 Unit, SIU detectives and Search & Rescue Unit do a lot of work with local police departments.

Last edited:

Brankz

It varies quite a bit from state to state. Here in Rhode Island, we are sworn peace officers with full arrest powers. The hiring process and academy mirror our police academy almost identically.

Not every state's correctional officers are as lucky as we are though. Our CERT unit, K9 officers, and SIU detectives do a lot of work with local police departments.

I will go to the police academy and ask, the academy is inside of Miramar collage by my house.

Man I always watch the program jail lol is it like that or that's just Hollywood action?

Hack12

I will go to the police academy and ask, the academy is inside of Miramar collage by my house.

Man I always watch the program jail lol is it like that or that's just Hollywood action?

I haven't seen too much of that show but the show 'Locked Up' is pretty on point. Most other movie and TV portrayals are completely unrealistic.

Top Bottom