Rausch Creek trip

Tackerdown

Banned
I'm tagging along with fjnortheasters.org for their Easter Safari at the end of the month. My buddy has a well prepped 4 runner and invited me along. I'll be a JK in a sea of FJ's. lol I know all are welcome if you wanted to check out the site. All the info for registration is on there.
http://fjnortheasters.org/index.php?action=forum
Just look for the 2013 northeast run threads halfway down.

That should be a good time. At least they will have someone to pull them out. JK

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Firespyer

I signed up for the 101 course on 3/9 I might be able to stay up there for the 10th

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tackerdown

Banned
I signed up for the 101 course on 3/9 I might be able to stay up there for the 10th

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I often thought about the 101 , let me know what you think. If you go pm me . I'll probably be the only black ops JKU with a Wayalife windshield decals. We all carry walkie talkies to.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
The 101 is expensive for what it is, but you do get to go on the other property which was nice since only 1 other group was on it, and you do learn quite a bit about your jeep and what it can do. Some parts were kind of boring but since I was out before the class, but being new I did learn a lot. Main thing was being off camber and if you feel your going to roll how to try and save it. Also how our traction control works was very nice to learn. I do plan on taking the 201 recovery class after I get my winch.

dis_dis

Banned
I often thought about the 101 , let me know what you think. If you go pm me . I'll probably be the only black ops JKU with a Wayalife windshield decals. We all carry walkie talkies to.

I also took the 101 and liked it a lot, learned a lot about what my JK can do and am planning to take the 201 class after I get some offroading miles under my belt.

In other news I decided to go with Jersey_devil to the wharton run on the 9th so I wont be able to make it on the 10th.
I do plan to go back to Rausch on the 23rd though

Tackerdown

Banned
I think I'm going to keep riding with people that have more Experiance . Hopefully there not dumb asses just with more trail time.lol as for meeting up there, I'm sure we will all be able to her together some time.

Tackerdown

Banned
Plus one now 6 . It's a pick up , I think he may loose a bumper.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
just looked at the weather and they are calling for 1-2" which prolly wont happen. Sat and Sun itll be 47 and 50 so itll prolly all melt anyway by then. If i can find some time to install my gussets ill come out and meet you guys

Tackerdown

Banned
just looked at the weather and they are calling for 1-2" which prolly wont happen. Sat and Sun itll be 47 and 50 so itll prolly all melt anyway by then. If i can find some time to install my gussets ill come out and meet you guys

That would be great if you could make it. I would like to see some snow up there but I think it will just be a nice muddy mess. Unless it gets really windy and dries it out. It just started raining in machanicsburg

Last edited:

Tackerdown

Banned
Snow up date schools were canceled for this.
1362603332486.jpg
And no this isn't the wrong picture.

Tackerdown

Banned
For real dude, woke up this mrning to about 2"....then it rained all day....wtf happened to 5-8"?
LOL I just listened to the news and they said it was a surprise how the front changed. I feel bad for the small plow companies that stocked up on salt for this.

Lane87

So I'm not going to be able to make it Sunday.. Just realized its my wedding anniversary... Oops..

Tackerdown

Banned
So I'm not going to be able to make it Sunday.. Just realized its my wedding anniversary... Oops..
I hope you realized before you said honey do you want to go to rausch creek sunday:banghead: did i just say that. Don't worry we will sling some mud and climb some rock in your occasion. Happy Anniversary. We have a diverse group of eight going this week but maybe we all will get together later this month or next.

Tackerdown

Banned
Just an update we have 8 going. We should be there around 8:45 and probably head out around 9:00-9:30.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I won't be able to make it, got a lot done today but not what's needed to be on trails again...hopefully next time tho

Top Bottom