PROOF of the Fabled NEW Jeep Truck???

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
It'll be interesting to see if they leave 30/44 or 44/44 axles beneath it or decide to put their mopar 60s on it. Could be an interesting selling point.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just read an article. Base cost estimated somewhere between $25,000 (low) and $32,000 (high). That seems more realistic than $50,000.

Not everyone wants one all decked out.

Yeah and the renegade trail hawk had articles saying it was $16,999 before pricing was actually released.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Just read an article. Base cost estimated somewhere between $25,000 (low) and $32,000 (high). That seems more realistic than $50,000.

Not everyone wants one all decked out.

I couldn't imagine that. My JKU was 38K. I can't imagine a 4 door, Wrangler based truck would go for less than that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to agree, there's little to no chance this Jeep truck will sell for anything less than $27,000 and in the most bare bones stock configuration. If I could guess, starting price will be more like $32,000 or more. It really does suck being that you can get so much more for your money if you were to get a different truck.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I got sticker shock on a new 2 door for around 33,000. Dealer put on a lift and new tires and wheels and NOW asking close to 43,000! Hell, my 2011 went for 26,000 brand new. I can see the price point of this truck being higher. It would be nice to have one....but not that nice.

whatroads

It'll be interesting to see if they leave 30/44 or 44/44 axles beneath it or decide to put their mopar 60s on it. Could be an interesting selling point.

I would expect a D-44 10 bolt front and D-44 12 bolt rear, (8.875 ring gear!). I'm hopeful they will strengthen the front axle with heavier axle tubes and increased C gusseting than what the JK has today. I am also hoping for a Rubicon version. As for possible leaf springs, Don't count on it. I expect coil springs all around. My RAM 1500 QC 4x4 has coil springs and the heavy duty tow package with a 10K LB tow rating. As for cost, non-Rubicon truck would likely be low to mid-30's depending on options. Rubi truck will likely push to low $40K

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I figure this pickup will go for just a little more than a similar equipped jeep jl - whatever that sticker price is gonna be.

Jeep, ford, chevy, dodge, toyota, nissan - they are all pricing their trucks out of this world. You definately have to pay to play but it is sure getting hard.

Frank the Fixer

I couldn't imagine that. My JKU was 38K. I can't imagine a 4 door, Wrangler based truck would go for less than that.
Interior and exterior

2016 Jeep Gladiator is a full-size pickup truck made for all those who are looking for a very tough vehicle in this class. This amazing truck has been produced since 1962, and now it is about to be revealed again as 2016 model. This heavy-duty truck will give you an excellent ride over difficult roads as well as in long distance driving. Exterior look of this great truck will have a real army appearance, and instead of the typical army green it will be available in red color. New Jeep Gladiator will come about 1900mm high. Its body structure will look stronger and more powerful than before. Interior of the vehicle will be equipped and upholstered with high quality materials that will provide very comfortable ride. Seats will be covered with waterproof cozy material which will provide required level of comfort. It is interesting that this great heavy-duty truck’s space can be customized on request. 2016 Jeep Gladiator comes with expanded mid-gate and 5’8” bed. If the tailgate is turned down bed can also be extended up to 8’11”. New Gladiator will share with its owners some technology features like GPS and navigation system.
2016 Jeep Gladiator powertrain
Under the hood of the new 2016 Jeep Gladiator we will be able to see two different engines. The base power unit will be V6 which is capable to produce 285 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. The second option will be a 2.8-liter inline 4 diesel engine. This engine can give 160 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque, and it is perfect for those who want a vehicle that can get as much as 25 mpg on average. Both engines will come paired to a 6-speed automatic transmission.
Release date and price
When it comes to the price of the new 2016 Jeep Gladiator, according to the sources it will cost around $26.500. We are not sure yet when it will hit the showroom floors, but it seems it will happen by the end of 2016 or in early 2017.

Journeyman

I'll believe it when I see it! Hopefully this will be available at this price. But I just don't see that happening. I'm sure any options the price would increase quite rapidly.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Interior and exterior

2016 Jeep Gladiator is a full-size pickup truck made for all those who are looking for a very tough vehicle in this class. This amazing truck has been produced since 1962, and now it is about to be revealed again as 2016 model. This heavy-duty truck will give you an excellent ride over difficult roads as well as in long distance driving. Exterior look of this great truck will have a real army appearance, and instead of the typical army green it will be available in red color. New Jeep Gladiator will come about 1900mm high. Its body structure will look stronger and more powerful than before. Interior of the vehicle will be equipped and upholstered with high quality materials that will provide very comfortable ride. Seats will be covered with waterproof cozy material which will provide required level of comfort. It is interesting that this great heavy-duty truck’s space can be customized on request. 2016 Jeep Gladiator comes with expanded mid-gate and 5’8” bed. If the tailgate is turned down bed can also be extended up to 8’11”. New Gladiator will share with its owners some technology features like GPS and navigation system.
Under the hood of the new 2016 Jeep Gladiator we will be able to see two different engines. The base power unit will be V6 which is capable to produce 285 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. The second option will be a 2.8-liter inline 4 diesel engine. This engine can give 160 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque, and it is perfect for those who want a vehicle that can get as much as 25 mpg on average. Both engines will come paired to a 6-speed automatic transmission.
Release date and price
When it comes to the price of the new 2016 Jeep Gladiator, according to the sources it will cost around $26.500. We are not sure yet when it will hit the showroom floors, but it seems it will happen by the end of 2016 or in early 2017.

Do you know the source of this info? All sources I have read state it will be a Wrangler based truck built in Ohio. I was really hoping for a Rubicon model 4 door truck with a diesel.

TLife

Interior and exterior

Release date and price

No, just no

swampdog

Interior and exterior

Release date and price

I think what everyone is missing is that based on the measurement in mm and the general tone of the write up, I believe this may be a European release. In that case, the cost would not be USD, but possibly in Euro or another currency.

Either that, or it is complete poorly written BS.

Top Bottom