Download the NEW WAYALIFE App for iOS and Android

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who haven't already done so, I'd like to encourage all of you to delete your old WAYALIFE app on your iPhone and Android device and download our newest version for FREE. All you need to do is click on the link below or do a search for WAYALIFE in your iPhone, iPad or Android mobile app store. While there is still a bug that leaves quoted images showing up as broken links, I think you will find that the overall look and experience of using the new app to be well worth the upgrade. Please know that we are working hard to get this final bug resolved and in the mean time, if you really want to see the quoted images in question, all you have to do is click on the link of who originally made the post and you will be taken to it.

New WAYALIFE iOs App - Version 5.2.13 - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wayalife-jeep-forum/id591716208?mt=8

Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 6.03.09 PM.png

New WAYALIFE Android App - Version 5.1.10 - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.wayalifecom

Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 5.53.30 PM.png

Enjoy :cool:

Sinsitizen

Just trying to help. I was not able to reply to anything or anyone. So I uninstalled the new app and then reinstalled it and now as you can see it's all fixed. Thanks for all the hard work on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK4Me

Hey, I'm finding that since I upgraded the iOS app, none of the pictures show up in the apps. I know there's a bug with quoted pics, but I can't see any pics, not even the beautiful 40" STT Pro shoes... do I need to delete the app and re-download? Or just updating ok?

Barkerp

Just a heads up for anyone having trouble with the app not loading images after the update. Couldn't see any pictures of in any post. Logging out and logging back in seemed to fix it for me.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Hmmm, not sure what you're referring to as we have not implemented anything like it or at least that I know of. I have not seen anything like it anyway.

I get them too. They show up as a small link between posts/threads. If I click too close to one, it'll open up full screen and direct to the advertisement web page. I posted two screen shots to show an example.

IMG_1475922865.903334.jpg IMG_1475922890.975006.jpg

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey, I'm finding that since I upgraded the iOS app, none of the pictures show up in the apps. I know there's a bug with quoted pics, but I can't see any pics, not even the beautiful 40" STT Pro shoes... do I need to delete the app and re-download? Or just updating ok?

Yes just uninstall then reinstall

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I get them too. They show up as a small link between posts/threads. If I click too close to one, it'll open up full screen and direct to the advertisement web page. I posted two screen shots to show an example.

View attachment 226023 View attachment 226024

Those have always been there even on the old app.

Now for it bringing you up to a full page ad I can't help you with that because it has never happened to me unless I actually clicked on the link by accident. It's never opened up by itself

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Okay, so they don't automatically pop up and only show when you click too close to one. Technically, pop up ads aren't allowed and we haven't changed anything but it sounds like advertisers are getting crafty. There have been a few instances in the past where they came up too but just a few. If it becomes a problem, we might be able to block specific ads.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Those have always been there even on the old app.

Now for it bringing you up to a full page ad I can't help you with that because it has never happened to me unless I actually clicked on the link by accident. It's never opened up by itself

I guess I never noticed it on the old app.

Okay, so they don't automatically pop up and only show when you click too close to one. Technically, pop up ads aren't allowed and we haven't changed anything but it sounds like advertisers are getting crafty. There have been a few instances in the past where they came up too but just a few. If it becomes a problem, we might be able to block specific ads.

Exactly that. They only open when I accidentally touch close to one when doing something like scrolling the page up or down, or touching a thread above or below the ad. I wouldn't say it's a problem. Only happens occasionally. Overall the app works very well.

Last edited:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Still having broken pictures in the quoted responses. Deleted and reinstalled the app and logged in last night, everything worked fine, then today I open the app and the broken images reappear. I am still logged in and this is on my iPhone.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug

I'm not a 100% sure but the latest pop up video ads were Toyota and Geico. I haven't seen them in a week or so, so maybe the reinstall helped.

Top Bottom