VIDEO: EVO 1 Rippin' it Up - a 6.1 HEMI Powered King of the Hammers Jeep JK Wrangler

rubicrawl

Oh snap I was thinking like 15k what you guys recommend my price range is like 15k it's my daily driver I've been told not to go long arm cause I'm going to have a swaying feeling on the freeway almost like a death wobble and with a short arm I won't have that feeling the guys from offroad unlimited told me this im looking for the best onroad and also offroad performance I go to Moab every year so I want something good but I drive to work in this same rig everyday I have a 2010 rubicon unlimited I'm new to the jeep family and love it all I've ever had was trucks so I'm asking from you pros for some advice and also I can join you guys on the next trip

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh snap I was thinking like 15k what you guys recommend my price range is like 15k it's my daily driver I've been told not to go long arm cause I'm going to have a swaying feeling on the freeway almost like a death wobble and with a short arm I won't have that feeling the guys from offroad unlimited told me this im looking for the best onroad and also offroad performance I go to Moab every year so I want something good but I drive to work in this same rig everyday I have a 2010 rubicon unlimited I'm new to the jeep family and love it all I've ever had was trucks so I'm asking from you pros for some advice and also I can join you guys on the next trip

Seriously, that is some of the WORST information I have ever heard and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't let that shop come anywhere near my Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Still blows me away that the DTD can turn your average rock crawling JK into a desert runner. Badass.

I keep trying to tell people that but it's clearly easier to show what I mean :yup:

Badass! EVO1 looks like it currently cannot be driven on the road (anymore) is Mel planning on keeping it that way as a dedicated race rig?

EVO 1 is still just as stable and road worthy as it was before but, from here on out, it'll be more of a race rig than anything.

Sure hope not! That's the whole appeal to Evo1...an all around capable vehicle that's seen on the interstate too IMHO(even though I dont think it was technically street legal before without fenders and all :thinking: )

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Greg's EVO JK and Moby are still what had appealed to you in EVO 1.

rubicrawl

I want to put on 37" tires I saw a lot of your rigs at king of the hammers in person and man they look sweet in person but I only have 15k to spend so I want to get the right one

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I called offroad Evo and they laughed also I'm glad I didn't listen to them wow I would of been so mad

Well, I'm glad that you looked for a second opinion. If I could guess, the shop you were talking to either has no experience installing long arm kits or doesn't carry any brands that'll give them a good profit margine or both. It's unfortunate but, a lot of shops will try and persuade you to do one thing or another based on what they know how to do and more importantly, what they can make the most money on. A lot of times, your interests are the furthest from theirs.

I want to put on 37" tires I saw a lot of your rigs at king of the hammers in person and man they look sweet in person but I only have 15k to spend so I want to get the right one

We built up our Dozer JK with bolt on coil overs and 37's for about that if not a bit less.

Tackerdown

Banned
yeah that is really down the road for me. I was reading threw some threads and did find one that talked about building up to it. I think I'll read some more then post my questions there. but dam that is cool as hell.:rock:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I think about $14,000.

I am 100% sure that it is worth every penny if that is the intended goal of your build!

Watching the video is very impressive. It's hard to believe that a suspension can be built to handle that kind of abuse at 60-70 mph over the whoops!:crazyeyes:

GCM 2

Attachments

• image-3587764223.jpg
    image-3587764223.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3660947505.jpg
    image-3660947505.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image-954840000.jpg
    image-954840000.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

RamP

Great vid. The rear wheels dance over the woops. Its awesome.

Not a bad thread to pop my 100th post either.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
That looks like so much fun. Great video!! Those tires are just dancing under the jeep. I would love to be able have that suspension some day.

Skid_Kid

They way it pulled away from Rubicat was amazing! The way the suspension handles the whoops and soaks everything up is sweet. Does the rear tire hit though, or do the stick out far enough away from the builders corners?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Skid_Kid

That is just bad ass!! The cool thing is Rubicat with the bolt ons were going almost as fast! :thumb::thumb::rock:

Oh I am sure that if Rubicat had a HEMI that it would have no problem keeping up. The bolt ons hold there own in the whoops also I am told.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom