Rock Hard Jeep JK Wrangler 4-Door C-Pillar Brace Installation Write-Up

rogerk93

1476635391041.jpg just installed mine. I highly recommend removing your hard top to install it makes life easier. I removed the hard too bolts and just lifted it a little where needed. I also followed you Eddie with installing the bolts from the outside so I don't have to worry about the anything sticking out near the tire.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

View attachment 227284 just installed mine. I highly recommend removing your hard top to install it makes life easier. I removed the hard too bolts and just lifted it a little where needed. I also followed you Eddie with installing the bolts from the outside so I don't have to worry about the anything sticking out near the tire.

Looks like you color matched also!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I have a granite jeep. So Im painting all my rock hard stuff a bronze so it can stick out a little and i like the look of the two colors.

Oh ok. I bet that's looking sweet with the two colors! I thought about doing something along those lines but having Commando green really limits my options. I'll have to keep an eye out for more pictures of your build!

JAGS

Hooked
I've got several to-dos for ENVY coming up and pretty sure this will be one of them.

Thanks for the write up and for some insight on reversing the bolts as I wasn't too pumped on seeing this installed at the expo. Like the bolts reversed much better!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I will add these pictures to this thread in case someone else goes for the under the carpet install. Notice where I placed the bottom bracket in relationship to the rib in the wheel well.

IMG_1476657872.273822.jpg
IMG_1476657896.875171.jpg

USMC Wrangler

I will add these pictures to this thread in case someone else goes for the under the carpet install. Notice where I placed the bottom bracket in relationship to the rib in the wheel well.

View attachment 227341
View attachment 227342

That's clean looking. Nice job!

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Just did a dry run fitting, without removing the carpeting or toolbar padding the c pillar looks alittle too tall, is it a really tight fit?

Gadget

Caught the Bug
First off I typed in rollbar not toolbar, I so hate autocorrect. I accounted for the padding, which feels like plastic, still looks like a really tight fit. We will see in a day or two when I get the chance to put them in. Thanks

First off I typed in rollbar not toolbar, I so hate autocorrect. I accounted for the padding, which feels like plastic, still looks like a really tight fit. We will see in a day or two when I get the chance to put them in. Thanks

Designed to fit very tight, and if installing over carpet, may actually take a hammer tap to get it to seat.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Will be putting it under the carpet, is there something different about the 2014 4 door, feels like plastic around that part of the cage not foam padding?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom