Truck-Lite Flicker Troubleshooting

pbujk13

What the heck? had this same issue this morning heading into work had rained last night and this morning... I will be pulling my TLs and re-grease at lunch, has anyone permanently combine the adapter and TL? thinking about permanently fixing at this point.

Jackal01

So my passenger side was flickering last week. I did the grease and ziptie (ziptie only worked on the trucklite-to-trucklite harness plug). I did that to both lights but now my driver side is acting up. It looks like it is the jeep to trucklite harness (green plug). I move the wires around at the base of the plug and the lights turns on and off. I am not sure what to do at this point.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Checked mine last night finally, and forgot the only connection I have is the jeep to the lights since I cut apart the harness and soldered it all together. Seemed to stop after I unplugged it once tho which was strange. I did use the dialectric grease in the jeep plugs tho just incase and it seems okay now.

SilverBack

So my passenger side was flickering last week. I did the grease and ziptie (ziptie only worked on the trucklite-to-trucklite harness plug). I did that to both lights but now my driver side is acting up. It looks like it is the jeep to trucklite harness (green plug). I move the wires around at the base of the plug and the lights turns on and off. I am not sure what to do at this point.

You may want to take a small flathead screwdriver and make sure all of the terminations are seated in the plug correctly and are making adequate contact at the connection.

SilverBack

Checked mine last night finally, and forgot the only connection I have is the jeep to the lights since I cut apart the harness and soldered it all together. Seemed to stop after I unplugged it once tho which was strange. I did use the dialectric grease in the jeep plugs tho just incase and it seems okay now.

I had a similar problem with mine. I use copious amounts of dielectric grease and still had a flicker that started about 4 or 5 months after instal. Best guess I have is that the connection points are dissimilar metals and corrode just enough to increase the resistance and mess with the electronics in the bulb or anti flicker harness. Or Not!

Jackal01

You may want to take a small flathead screwdriver and make sure all of the terminations are seated in the plug correctly and are making adequate contact at the connection.

I tried with my fingers but Ill try again with a screwdriver.

MacjeepMaster

This just happened to me as well on my drivers side. Glad to see the dielectric grease is working for most of you. I'll be pulling them both out today and cleaning the connections with some fine grit sand paper then adding the electric grease and reinstalling. Thank goodness my winch is down between my frame rails, otherwise it would be a real pain to get this done.

Top Bottom