Radious arm rescue kit

Rebel JK

Anyone have any first hand experience with this? Eddy mentioned it in a different thread (pr44 vs pr60 I think) but been unable to find any nuts and bolts (user/installer side reviews) info. Will probably call FT next week for some more tech info next week. Would love to see how new upper ca mounts in relation to stock bracket.

Rebel JK

Yep. Need to know how it goes together before i can assign a spot on the priority list. Dont know if I'll need to redo exhaust, re route brake lines etc.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yep. Need to know how it goes together before i can assign a spot on the priority list. Dont know if I'll need to redo exhaust, re route brake lines etc.

You will not need to do any of that. It bolts to the lower control arm bracket on the front. On the rears, just install the upper arm in the factory pockets on the frame and axle.

Rebel JK

You will not need to do any of that. It bolts to the lower control arm bracket on the front. On the rears, just install the upper arm in the factory pockets on the frame and axle.

By looking at the kit I thought the radious arms are removed then a new upper front frameside bracket is installed and new longer than stock adjustable uca's replace the RA's connecting to the upper axle mount.
Now i really am wondering.
The lower arms with my setup are longer than stock with the frame mounts maybe 8" or so further back than stock.

TheDuff

Here is the rescue vs Thier long arm, hard to tell from the phone, but Could be the same upper CA brackets
1388876503031.jpg 1388876513164.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Here is the rescue vs Thier long arm, hard to tell from the phone, but Could be the same upper CA brackets
View attachment 62728 View attachment 62729

The kit pictures is the new long arm kit that came out to fit the 2012 and newer, (fits all year jk's)

The rescue kit is a different control arm bracket and control arm. Not even close to being the same. They both feature fk heims which is really nice to have.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
By looking at the kit I thought the radious arms are removed then a new upper front frameside bracket is installed and new longer than stock adjustable uca's replace the RA's connecting to the upper axle mount.
Now i really am wondering.
The lower arms with my setup are longer than stock with the frame mounts maybe 8" or so further back than stock.

You are correct, the front kit gets new arms and brackets. The rear utilizes what you have. The way the rear arms tuck into the frame there's no great way of addressing it. Just installing the upper arm in the factory location does decent job.

Rebel JK

Great info guys. Ive got the fabtech/RE 5". (i think same difference.) ra front with the 4 link plus tb on rear.

Am i correct in guessing the stock front upper frame side bracket will need to be cut out to make room for new one?
It would seem then that it will be

ForumRunner_20140104_175227.jpg

converted to a medium/ long arm kit with the benefits of same?
Also wonder how this will affect caster at lower and higher speeds.

Rebel JK

Pignajeep- I hear what your saying now. I guess I over think things sometimes. The new frnt brackets bolt to the lower frame brackets, which in my case were trimmed when the previous owner installed this setup. Or do they bolt up to my aftermarket "crossmember" / LCA bracket? I see the arms have a good amount of offset to achieve this. Thanks for the help.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Great info guys. Ive got the fabtech/RE 5". (i think same difference.) ra front with the 4 link plus tb on rear.

Am i correct in guessing the stock front upper frame side bracket will need to be cut out to make room for new one?
It would seem then that it will be

View attachment 62768

converted to a medium/ long arm kit with the benefits of same?
Also wonder how this will affect caster at lower and higher speeds.

It will not affect caster, it'll improve the vehicle from diving on braking, it will also help the anti squat when your climbing.

Good news is, the left the needed portion of the lower bracket intact. You will need to cut the upper bracket off. Also finish trimming the portion of the cup down on the frame on that lower bracket.

The inside of the lower bracket needs to stay on.

Rebel JK

Got it. Man thanks for the info! Hopefully i can get this on the shorter list. I was heading towards hydro assist next.

Rebel JK

Talked to FT and thanks piginajeep, they just confirmed what you patiently explained. It will be a simple bolt on kit with drilling a couple of holes through frame. Looks like I'll probly get it ordered this week.
Hey duff you ready to get dirty? Will look good on your resume! ;) :beer:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Talked to FT and thanks piginajeep, they just confirmed what you patiently explained. It will be a simple bolt on kit with drilling a couple of holes through frame. Looks like I'll probly get it ordered this week.
Hey duff you ready to get dirty? Will look good on your resume! ;) :beer:

No problem, I know a thing or two once in awhile.. 👍

Rebel JK

At my pace it Looks like it may take a couple of weekends. Need to see about bringing home the plasma cutter from work for a day or two. Looking forward to it though for sure.

TheDuff

At my pace it Looks like it may take a couple of weekends. Need to see about bringing home the plasma cutter from work for a day or two. Looking forward to it though for sure.

What do u need the plasma cutter for?

Rebel JK

To cut the factory lca mounts close to flush w frame. Then will finish with grinder to flush out. The new upper brackets use location of stock lower brackets for basically upper long arm conversion/with offset for the uppers. Ive got the lower long arm with crossmember already if that makes sense.

Top Bottom