Real time wireless camera and receiver

TheDuff

Although this is intended for RC vehicles, I thought some may take interest in it for offroad purposes. I've seen plenty of threads where trying to use a go pro or back up camera under the jeep, as a kind of "rock cam" Was found to be lack luster, and leaving the user searching for a better alternative. Well, I stumbled upon this and thought it fit the bill nicely
http://www.hobbypartz.com/05p225-fpv-system.html

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JEEPnGEO

Although this is intended for RC vehicles, I thought some may take interest in it for offroad purposes. I've seen plenty of threads where trying to use a go pro or back up camera under the jeep, as a kind of "rock cam" Was found to be lack luster, and leaving the user searching for a better alternative. Well, I stumbled upon this and thought it fit the bill nicely
http://www.hobbypartz.com/05p225-fpv-system.html

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I like it. Cheaper than a gopro and has a screen. You can hook all the power up to your rig and forget about the batteries. Nice

liljohn850

I have a "rock-cam" and paid wayyyyy less than that. Bought a small screen off amazon and a fwd facing car camera. Wired it up to a switch and riveted the camera in a pretty good place I think. I'll throw a pic up when I head to work. But I think total invested was like $60 shipped.

Sent from my pocket sized telecommunications and computing device.

kevinp

I have a "rock-cam" and paid wayyyyy less than that. Bought a small screen off amazon and a fwd facing car camera. Wired it up to a switch and riveted the camera in a pretty good place I think. I'll throw a pic up when I head to work. But I think total invested was like $60 shipped.

Hey! Hook me up with the info on that! Hahaha

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

liljohn850

Hey! Hook me up with the info on that! Hahaha

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

You haven't seen it Kevin?!? I used it on our last trip. It was on my xj too!! Lol

liljohn850

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392603728.694830.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392603759.378013.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392603771.193375.jpg
The camera image is pretty good. Sitting in a parking garage doesn't really prove that.

kevinp

Nope. I have yet to see it. Next time, I'll make sure we remember.

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

liljohn850

Nope. I have yet to see it. Next time, I'll make sure we remember.

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

It's pretty useful when I can't trust a spotter or when you're parking.... On a car...

LoPo

Caught the Bug
It's pretty useful when I can't trust a spotter or when you're parking.... On a car...

can you attach multiple cameras to this screen? That would be sweet.

JAGS

Hooked
Are you looking at a camera setup? If so share what you find. :thumb: I've thought about it but not looked at any detail at options.

I want a backup camera. Haven't really looked all that much though.

I like the ones that go to the stock nav screen, but they are a little pricey. I also think the stock set-up allows for only two cameras. Some of the other external options are cool, but I don't always want to have an additional monitor set up.

I've seen some BT options that can connect to an app on your phone. From what I remember, it wasn't cheap either.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I like the ones that go to the stock nav screen, but they are a little pricey. I also think the stock set-up allows for only two cameras. Some of the other external options are cool, but I don't always want to have an additional monitor set up.

I've seen some BT options that can connect to an app on your phone. From what I remember, it wasn't cheap either.

I don't have the stock nav which is why I want the outside one. Maybe eventually I'll get the nav but right now $1000+ for stock nav isn't worth it.

JAGS

Hooked
I don't have the stock nav which is why I want the outside one. Maybe eventually I'll get the nav but right now $1000+ for stock nav isn't worth it.

$1000:eek: I can't remember what I paid for the Nav option. Check out aftermarket head units with VGA inputs? Might make for an easy/easier install with cleaner, integrated look.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
$1000:eek: I can't remember what I paid for the Nav option. Check out aftermarket head units with VGA inputs? Might make for an easy/easier install with cleaner, integrated look.

If I get nav it'll be factory. I don't like the look of aftermarket head units.

JAGS

Hooked
If I get nav it'll be factory. I don't like the look of aftermarket head units.

Well if you're going to be all difficult about it. :cheesy: But yeah, aftermarkets don't always fit and look right. On a quick search, there are a ton more options out there. Been about 20 years since I really even looked at car stereos.

liljohn850

can you attach multiple cameras to this screen? That would be sweet.

My initial set up was just a 5.6" or so monitor from amazon, a flush mount back up camera and a front viewing camera. I wired it all so that the screen and cleverest camera came on when in reverse and wired a switch for the front view camera. Now I have a JVC DDX 770 head Unit with the back up camera to it and my front mount is wired to the screen until I get finicky and wire it to the second input of my head unit. I bought everything off amazon for surprisingly cheap. Like $50> for the cameras and monitor.

Top Bottom