35s on stock suspension with trimmed fenders? Help appreciated.

tsalani

Hello everyone.

I've searched and found hints that people can run 35s on non lifted jeeps. I was wondering if anyone has pics of this. I have a 2014 JKUR and I do not want to lift the Jeep at the moment. For my use its already a lot more capable than I am and Im more into overland and camping than crawling. But I do like the added clearance and look of jeeps on 35s. I have also noticed that everyone running bigger tires also swaps the rims. I am fine with the stock rims so I was wondering if anyone has pics or info on running 35s on the stock rim.

Thanks for your input.

You can run 35's on stock rims but with the tire being wider you will need to run a wheel spacer for clearance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bnatt78

On my 2011 Jeep I am running 33's is what I was told. I have not done a lift yet either. All I did so far is put wheel spacers on and like you I would like to do 35's in the very near future. I am still running the stock rims to and unfortunately can't decide on what type of rims either. The spacers I did are 1.5 inch in length and there are different type out there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
If you search jk ray's build thread, I believe he ran 35 with trimmed fenders and no lift.

Maybe he'll chime too.

bl17z90

If you wish to run 35's and no lift you MUST trim your fender flares on buy a set of flat style flares.

As stated above a 1.5" spacer is needed with a 12.5" wide on a stock rim. Some shops will claim that you can't out a 35 on a stock rim and thats just a bunch of crap because I have been running that way for 10k miles now and others on this forum had done it longer.

Heres my stock wheels with 35's but my Jeep has a 2.5" lift so yours will look a little different.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393154029.324685.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone.

I've searched and found hints that people can run 35s on non lifted jeeps. I was wondering if anyone has pics of this. I have a 2014 JKUR and I do not want to lift the Jeep at the moment. For my use its already a lot more capable than I am and Im more into overland and camping than crawling. But I do like the added clearance and look of jeeps on 35s. I have also noticed that everyone running bigger tires also swaps the rims. I am fine with the stock rims so I was wondering if anyone has pics or info on running 35s on the stock rim.

Thanks for your input.

As mentioned, you can do it but you will NEED to run trimmed fenders. Regarding wheels, factory comes with 6.25" of back spacing that that is way too much for a 12.50 wide tire. This will cause your rear side walls to sit dangerously close or rub your rear sway bar link ends. Up front, you will have rubbing at full turn. Needless you say, you will need to install a set of 1.5" wheel spacers in order to make this work.

tsalani

Thanks for all the input guys. The pics of strizzy and jkray's jeeps helped a lot. As well as the back spacing info. I was hesitant about it before but now I'm set on getting the tires and some spacers.

Sent from my XT1058 using WAYALIFE mobile app

suicideking

I would think you would need to hack the front bumper too because of clearance issues. Probably not a big deal if you're not wheeling it.

StrizzyChris

I have been running them as mentioned above. I did, however, put a 1.5" coil spacer up front only to compensate for the heavy front bumper and winch and I now run almost level. Even with flat flares and wheel spacers, I get some serious rubbing when the swaybar is disco'd and flexed. This could be resolved by a 1/2" bump stop extension if you care enough to worry about it. When not disco'd, I've never had an issue and it feels like stock. Here's a few more pics when flexed to see clearance and tolerance.

1393199332316.jpg
View attachment 70542
1393199438210.jpg
1393199463871.jpg

The last pic is almost at full stuff and I was rubbing quite a bit. I have done no trimming of my wheel wells at all yet.

redtx

Like said you can do it and I have been doing it till I get a lift but it will rub at the smallest bump offroad.... If you you can stay off the dirt just watch the speed bumps at the mall haha

Mine stock suspension 35's no trimming but had to cut the front bumper to turn with out rubbing ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393205492.090738.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393205508.934562.jpg

xtremefx4

Here is mine on 35's and cut fenders and stock wheels.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1393216405791.jpg
    1393216405791.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 145
  • 1393216483152.jpg
    1393216483152.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

jkmohican

Bushwacker has a blog on how they stuck 35" KM2 on a stock jeep with their flat flares and wheeled it. The pictures show that it wont rub with light wheeling but once they discoed and hit tlugher stuff, it would rub. It looks like you would have some room though, and I bet with a leveling kit, flares, and tires would be a good setup if thats what you want. Its what I plan on doing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom