bedlining/plastidipping the inside of the hard top

Jay_r24

Hey Guys :standing wave:

Was wondering if anyone has gotten rid of that white inside the hardtop? i have an all black JKU and have never really been fond of the white on the inside of the hardtop. I was thinking about Bedlining it....or maybe plasti dip! has anyone done either? can i see some pix?

Thanks!!

pvanweelden

a friend of mine did his freedom panels, not sure if he has done the rest of the top yet or not.
His jeep is cosmos, so he added the stripes.
brian1.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
not sure if I would want the additional heat in the summer.
I've contemplated painting the top portion white but then I wake up in a cold sweat and have to make sure there's not an fj in my driveway :doh:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I painted the inside of hard top semi black, I like it and heats up the same cant really tell a diff. looks a lot better too.:yup:

bsimon187

I linex'd the entire hardtop inside and out. To me it does not make it much hotter in the summer- but usually have the soft top on in the hottest months. I like it and most people that have seen it or have ridden in my jeep like it. I have a crush Jku so the white interior of the hard top was killing me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jay_r24

I linex'd the entire hardtop inside and out. To me it does not make it much hotter in the summer- but usually have the soft top on in the hottest months. I like it and most people that have seen it or have ridden in my jeep like it. I have a crush Jku so the white interior of the hard top was killing me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the info, I may do this this weekend!!!

Sent from Junior's Iphone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jay_r24

not sure if I would want the additional heat in the summer.
I've contemplated painting the top portion white but then I wake up in a cold sweat and have to make sure there's not an fj in my driveway :doh:

Hahaha right, that whit inside gives me the fJ feeling!

Sent from Junior's Iphone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKWrang

Ive seen people insulate and paint them too. Do you think it would make the hard top too hot in Winter, or retain the A/C temp better/longer? :thinking:

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Ive seen people insulate and paint them too. Do you think it would make the hard top too hot in Winter, or retain the A/C temp better/longer? :thinking:

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have the hot head liners and living in Texas I have to say it allows the AC to cool off faster. I did a before and after inside temp reading and was surprised how much of a difference it made.

BlackKnight

I was going to do mine once the warmer weather arrives. Black plastidip and 1 inch thick insulation custom fit with commando green fabric coverings (Velcro'd in place). Also going to do the commando green accents to the rest of the passenger compartment.

Sent from my Apple personal messaging system using WAYALIFE mobile app

rizzicon

I think I would like to do this too. I don't mined the white but its a bitch to keep clean and kind of looks yellowish now. I think that black looks a lot better:rock:

fadeout

did mine about 2 yrs ago, whole thing in even coats of bedliner bc I like the texture and it looks as if i did it yesterday. I highly recommend it. Took about 6 cans I think plus tons of prep. really good weekend project while the top is off for summer.

301307_2401330429267_715097091_n_zps0f0d29fd.jpg

Top Bottom