JKX Tillamook Round 2!

ClarksAdventures

https://youtu.be/ZSgCPPPxJHE

Put it on the calendar. March 7th and 8th! We are putting together a Tillamook run for all of you WOL guys who liked the final episode of the 2014 JKX.

There's no minimum for requirements, just a good attitude.
For those who have never been, there is a good mix of trails for every level of jeep. You can get as mild or wild as you'd like.

We will have guys coming on both Saturday and Sunday, so some us will be camping around Browns camp. I vote WAL campground!

Please make sure to bring enough water, food, fuel and spare parts for the time you will be here.

Let's meet about 8-830am on Saturday morning at the shell gas station just below Browns camp. For those of you coming on Sunday, I will meet you at the same Shell station to round everybody up and meet those who camped the night before.
Oregon requires you to have an OHV pass. It's $10 for a two year pass, and can be obtained at the Shell station.

Any other questions or things I left out?

55870 Northwest Wilson River Highway, Gales Creek, OR 97117

Who's in?

Saturday

1. ClarksAdventures
2. David1tontj. Plus 3 more
3. Tree Frog
4. Jk_b/c_yolo
5. Dwngcs
6. Shadows Jeep
7. Adam w/ Black Stallion

Sunday
1. ClarksAdventures
2. Davewashere
3. Adam w/black stallion
4. Dwngcs
5. SASI4BT
6. Skid Kid
7. Tree Frog

Maybe

Last edited:

David1tontj

I'm in!! FYI- airplane hill and 7up are way nastier in person! But if anyone wants to try them out, more power to you! - I probably will not be attempting 7up unless I have a cage installed by then. Very high risk in a 2 door.

Tree Frog

I get Fridays and Saturdays off. Company requires a min. of 1 month notice to take any time off. (One of several reasons I could not make the latest suds n grub.)
Also I am "On Call" 2 weeks out of every month. (yeah its sucks but it pays the bill's)
I can do Fri./ Sat. the 6/7th for sure. Not on call that weekend. :clap2:

Funny I was just thinking about contacting you Gavin to see if you wanted to get a run together.
I have never been to Browns camp yet and kinda wanted to go with somebody that knew the area.

So put me down.

Information flyer and Trail map for anyone that needs one. http://http://www.oregon.gov/odf/tillamookstateforest/docs/OHV_Maps/OHV%20Guide%202014.pdf

ClarksAdventures

I get Fridays and Saturdays off. Company requires a min. of 1 month notice to take any time off. (One of several reasons I could not make the latest suds n grub.)
Also I am "On Call" 2 weeks out of every month. (yeah its sucks but it pays the bill's)
I can do Fri./ Sat. the 6/7th for sure. Not on call that weekend. :clap2:

Funny I was just thinking about contacting you Gavin to see if you wanted to get a run together.
I have never been to Browns camp yet and kinda wanted to go with somebody that knew the area.

So put me down.

Information flyer and Trail map for anyone that needs one. http://http://www.oregon.gov/odf/tillamookstateforest/docs/OHV_Maps/OHV%20Guide%202014.pdf

I hear Ya about crazy work schedules. I work in a job shop. So when the work is there we work, and work as much as possible. Glad to hear you can come!

It will be good to put a face to the jeep. And thanks for posting the link to the trail map. I've been turned around several times in Browns camps, even with the map.

ClarksAdventures

UPDATED INFO on first posting. It looks like some of the Browns camp regulars can either do Saturday or Sunday, so I saw we run both days to help accommodate everyone. Thoughts?

Also Dave, the challenge is one to see you pull your trailer up firebreak 5. We went this weekend, and lots of big holes have been dug. We all are rooting for you to conquer the technical section.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424132773.413635.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424132801.909612.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424132817.053083.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424132835.957445.jpg

ClarksAdventures

Nice Pics! Looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks! Are you going to make a road trip to come wheel with us? You won't regret it.

Ps, does anybody know if I can post videos via my Iphone app? Both Steve and Dave made a great run up some muddy nasty sections that I would lost to post.

David1tontj

Also Dave, the challenge is one to see you pull your trailer up firebreak 5. We went this weekend, and lots of big holes have been dug. We all are rooting for you to conquer the technical section.
]

I better get to work on narrowing my trailer! This is just the motivation I need!

ClarksAdventures

Any minimum requirements? Still need a winch and cage.

Nope, no minimums required. A CB would be nice, so everyone in the group stays on the same page.

But there are plenty of trails for all levels of jeeps. I went up there this weekend with just my stock 2dr rubicon. Minus a little customizing of my skid plates. I did 85% of what the big guys on 37's and 40's did.

Should I put you down for a yes?

DA RUNT

Nope, no minimums required. A CB would be nice, so everyone in the group stays on the same page.

But there are plenty of trails for all levels of jeeps. I went up there this weekend with just my stock 2dr rubicon. Minus a little customizing of my skid plates. I did 85% of what the big guys on 37's and 40's did.

Should I put you down for a yes?

I'm good on the cb, put me down for a maybe until I talk to the wife. Thanks

DA RUNT

Side note, Oregon requires the ohv/offroad sticker thing. Washington has one too right? And they are both good for either state correct?

Hopefully somebody can clarify.

Nope there's no sticker in WA that I'm aware of. We have a couple passes but I've never heard of a sticker. I'd need to get the one for oregon

Top Bottom