My homemade 2dr 2" lift- Was it worth it?

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Just finalized my sons 2dr budget lift.
Used 4dr JKUR coil springs for most of the lift. Added a 3/4" puck to the front to level it out. Total lift gained- 2.5" on front and 1.75" on rear. Also added Rancho 9000 shocks. Once the coils were in we drove it for a hundred miles but it seemed squirrelly on bumps so I added and AEV geometry correction kit ( I know WALers hate these). The AEV geometry correction kit made a huge difference. Then I added brake line relocation brackets front and rear.

Total Cost:
$60 for coils (thanks ERAUGrad04)
$100 AEV brackets
$40 brake line brackets
$40 new rear swaybar links (moved rear to front)
$400 rancho shocks
$75 Daystar 3/4" puck
trimmed fenders $30 for blades and vinyl molding
for total of $745

Was able to find 35" KM2s mounted with rims for $400 from Craigslist. Chopped bumper and put VDP end caps on, too.

Should I have gone with another lift? Was it worth the $745 ?

Especially when you consider all of the lift kits out there.

Last edited:

TheDuff

Coil lifts in the 900$+ range usually don't come with good shocks, so your money was well spent

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Oh yah,
What did you end up doing?
Pic?

18/59's
Rubi Shocks
TF Leveling kit 2-1" pucks in front 1-1" in rear
Got a good deal on stock 255's (third set) with new Rubi wheels. I was going to go taller but I have a long commute.
Everything slightly used. I can steer with one finger or thumb.:)

Very happy and will probably add better shocks and longer brake lines down the road.

ForumRunner_20150518_184054.jpg

Last edited:

2Cross

Caught the Bug
18/59's
Rubi Shocks
TF Leveling kit 2-1" pucks in front 1-1" in rear
Got a good deal on stock 255's (third set) with new Rubi wheels. I was going to go taller but I have a long commute.
Everything slightly used. I can steer with one finger or thumb.:)

Very happy and will probably add better shocks and longer brake lines down the road.

View attachment 144810

Looks good. Gotta love a 2 door.
Slightly used is best for sure.

Thanks for the response

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Coil lifts in the 900$+ range usually don't come with good shocks, so your money was well spent

Thanks. I hope it was well spent.
Was wondering if it would have been better to just go with the Rancho lift.
I wanted to keep it low since my wife always complains about getting into my jeep. But not my sons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom