JKS Flex connect sway bar links

RockyJk

Stumbled upon these on the JKS website, wonder if they limit travel like the Currie swaybars. Also wondering if the springs would have to be swapped every time going from street to trail

SevenSlotSpartan

Those are pretty cool! I have a set of their adjustable links and like them a lot so far, they've only been on for a couple months. But that's an interesting design right there for sure, yeah that is a good question seems like just an old fashioned disconnected sway bar would still be the best way to go for more travel, but these seem to be a good option for maybe some lighter trails that still require some decent flex but don't require a full disconnect

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Cool idea but WAYYY to much work to still get less travel than being disconnected fully.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Pretty good idea. I like that you only get slightly less travel than fully disconnected. Seems like they would work great for all but the most extreme trails. Same question though, would you have to swap springs out every time you went form the road to a trail? Seems like it might get old. I guess it depends a lot on what price point these come in at.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Pretty good idea. I like that you only get slightly less travel than fully disconnected. Seems like they would work great for all but the most extreme trails. Same question though, would you have to swap springs out every time you went form the road to a trail? Seems like it might get old. I guess it depends a lot on what price point these come in at.

Based off the video yes you need to swap springs from road to trail and vise versa

CJW

I don't understand why you'd want these? Seems like a lot of wasted money to not gain anything.......

WJCO

Meme King
I don't understand why you'd want these? Seems like a lot of wasted money to not gain anything.......

I was thinking the same thing. Just doesn't seem practical to buy these vs disconnect. Not ripping on you if you like em, just doesn't seem like you really gain much opposed to just getting disconnects.

RockyJk

Laziness I didn't get a rubicon and don't like manually disconnecting haha but yea they are way too out of my budget the basic kit is $300 to upgrade to the crawl springs is a separate kit on top of that

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Laziness I didn't get a rubicon and don't like manually disconnecting haha but yea they are way too out of my budget the basic kit is $300 to upgrade to the crawl springs is a separate kit on top of that

The fact that you have to disconnect the sway bar, swap springs, then reinstall it just to wheel seems like a lot more work than just removing the original jks quick discos don't you think?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
The fact that you have to disconnect the sway bar, swap springs, then reinstall it just to wheel seems like a lot more work than just removing the original jks quick discos don't you think?

If its only one side, it doesnt seem bad, but I laugh when they say they give you the tools to do this on the trail....wonder if the screw driver is included to hold the bottom of the shaft so you can use the wrench like in the videos. I would just rather take the slight more time to manually disconnect with whatever links you have than deal with this every time.

RockyJk

Yep it's dumb if I'm taking it off to swap springs might as well just leave it off lol my search for a Rubi swaybar continues....

YellowJK

Since I was part of a useless buy yesterday I'm sure people will think the same when I got these. I can tell you, I don't need anything for my jeep so when you are sitting there thinking of what next to buy, little things like these pop into my rig. Anyway...

Their standard ones with a 3.5 lift or more don't work. You come close to inverting. So close I had to take them off. JKS actually made me long travel ones and now they are the same 12" instead of their standard 9.5" ones. I use the 75% crawl spring and can't see myself going to the 50% or 25% ones. When you are driving on the street they act as a Currie or ORO act but not as much sway.

When cruising down dirt roads or in between trails is when you can feel what they are doing. It just feels smoother but not by some extreme "wow" factor. I've done semi hard trails with them connected like John Bull and all of those in Big Bear. I don't leave them connected on Hammer trails.

When on the fork lift and disconnected I'm at 37.5". When connected I'm at 35".

Are these for a Rubicon, I don't think so. Are they for anything else? I think they do pretty good. Are they worth the price? No, they need to be in the high 100 price tag.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Since I was part of a useless buy yesterday I'm sure people will think the same when I got these. I can tell you, I don't need anything for my jeep so when you are sitting there thinking of what next to buy, little things like these pop into my rig. Anyway...

Their standard ones with a 3.5 lift or more don't work. You come close to inverting. So close I had to take them off. JKS actually made me long travel ones and now they are the same 12" instead of their standard 9.5" ones. I use the 75% crawl spring and can't see myself going to the 50% or 25% ones. When you are driving on the street they act as a Currie or ORO act but not as much sway.

When cruising down dirt roads or in between trails is when you can feel what they are doing. It just feels smoother but not by some extreme "wow" factor. I've done semi hard trails with them connected like John Bull and all of those in Big Bear. I don't leave them connected on Hammer trails.

Are these for a Rubicon, I don't think so. Are they for anything else? I think they do pretty good. Are they worth the price? No, they need to be in the high 100 price tag.

Thank you for a good honest review :thumb: I thought the 300 or so made sense, till I saw it was only one of the special links.

Wethy

Thank you for a good honest review :thumb: I thought the 300 or so made sense, till I saw it was only one of the special links.

so let me get this straight, you get one spring loaded link and a solid link? that definitely seems crazy!
also i would imagine in climates like mine they would be a pain in teh ass to change during winter..... the quicker disco's would be a better investment for less i think.

RockyJk

Awesome thanks for your honest review, I was hoping someone on the forum had tried em out [emoji106]

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Based off the video yes you need to swap springs from road to trail and vise versa

I'd have to agree then, if I'm going to take them off, then why not just leave them off and stay disconnected? Anybody hear anything lately about that G2 air actuated sway bar disconnect? Looks like I may end up going with a used rubi sway bar and the EVO no limits.

Top Bottom