2013 JKX build from stock to JKX ready

13JKUR

Well I'm almost to the ordering stage. Here is what I got on my build list so far.

Evo enforcer kit with draglink flip kit
Bilstein 5100 shocks
Warn VR winch
Vacuum pump relocation kit
Ace rock sliders
Coast front driveshaft
Evo C gusset kit
Rock hard sport cage
ARB compact air compressor with ARB pump up kit, inflator with braided hose and evo mount kit for jk
Nitto 37" trail grappler tires
Sector shaft brace
And still deciding on wheels.
I'm chopping my factory fenders
Stubby my factory front bumper and mounting the winch behind the factory front bumper

I have just under 3 months to complete but should be a lot of fun!

Here is my stock pic as it sits today

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370634855.276737.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nice! :thumb:

You didn't ask for advice, but that never stopped me before. :cheesy:

I'd skip the ACE sliders and get something a little more...ahem...robust (EVO or LOD if you need a step).

Good luck!

13JKUR

Nice! :thumb:

You didn't ask for advice, but that never stopped me before. :cheesy:

I'd skip the ACE sliders and get something a little more...ahem...robust (EVO or LOD if you need a step).

Good luck!

I did actually ask for advice, it just wasn't on the forum :) I've been talking to Sean at northridge the last few days. I actually had him price out the evo sliders for me and I might go that route. I know the ace sliders aren't the greatest for strength, it'll be a couple weeks before I put in the order and I'm sure I will change my mind on the ace sliders :). Do you have any advice :) I'm definitely open to input.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I did actually ask for advice, it just wasn't on the forum :) I've been talking to Sean at northridge the last few days. I actually had him price out the evo sliders for me and I might go that route. I know the ace sliders aren't the greatest for strength, it'll be a couple weeks before I put in the order and I'm sure I will change my mind on the ace sliders :). Do you have any advice :) I'm definitely open to input.

I had the ACE sliders and now have the EVO ones. The ACE sliders are lower, stick out farther and flex into the jeep. Depending on the type of wheeling you do on JKX you may be fine. But you don't know and for something that could take quite a beating I'd go with EVO.

Not sure if you have it already, but if not, you should probably get some armor underneath your jeep too. :yup:

Sector shaft brace is probably not needed. :idontknow: At least that is what I've read/heard. :cheesy:

Beyrgut

About those ACE sliders, are we talking the bolt-on or weld-ons. I can see the bolt-ons being an issue but the welded ones I would think should hold up well or are they made with a lower grade or thinner steel? I haven't picked mine out yet and the EVO, LOD, and ACE (weld) mentioned are all in the final running.

Back on topic, nice build you have planned and can't wait to see the progression pics.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Nice build, the sector shaft brace is designed for the drop pitman a set up. You do not need it with the drag link flip.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
About those ACE sliders, are we talking the bolt-on or weld-ons. I can see the bolt-ons being an issue but the welded ones I would think should hold up well or are they made with a lower grade or thinner steel? I haven't picked mine out yet and the EVO, LOD, and ACE (weld) mentioned are all in the final running.

Back on topic, nice build you have planned and can't wait to see the progression pics.

ACE uses mild steel, EVO MFG uses DOM (stronger)

MTG

Caught the Bug

I had the bolt on ones. I can't speak to the grade of steel. But even if the weld on ones will not flex into the body, if they are mounted in the same location they still stick out further and are lower than the EVO sliders. Neither of which I found very helpful on the trail. :grayno: At least not on the rocks we have out here.

Oh and I have nothing against ACE, I thought they were great to deal with, I just think EVO makes a superior product. :yup:

flotto

I just installed the LOD sliders on mine last night and love them. I can't weld so that was why I went with them over EVO. Ordered them from Northridge and was told 3 weeks and they were at my door a week later. Either way you'll be happy.

Atch

Don't forget about how you're going to carry your spare 37. Also I'd highly recommend getting an oil pan skid as there is nothing protecting such a vital area.

13JKUR

Don't forget about how you're going to carry your spare 37. Also I'd highly recommend getting an oil pan skid as there is nothing protecting such a vital area.

I actually plan on running no spare on the back of the rig for now. I will just take out the backseat for the JKX and have my spare inside the vehicle

StrizzyChris

I just installed the LOD sliders on mine last night and love them. I can't weld so that was why I went with them over EVO. Ordered them from Northridge and was told 3 weeks and they were at my door a week later. Either way you'll be happy.

I have LOD sliders as well. But do not expect fast shipment from them or EVO. Great products, and great companies, but plan ahead for the expected 3+ week wait

bmorgan0911

I look forward to seeing how it turns out. I'm in the same stages as you with my 08 jk.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
bmorgan0911

13JKUR

Just placed my first order through northridge with all my main components minus my winch. Btw Sean has helped me out tremendously and has really taken care of me on this. Here is what that order

Evo enforcer 4" lift
Bilstein 5100 shocks front and rear
Vacuum pump relocation kit
Coast front driveshaft
Evo C gusset kit
Rock hard sport cage with rear support bars
Arb compact air compressor with under hood mount kit from evo and inflator
Evo four door sliders
And flip up license plate bracket for winch fairlead
Draglink flip kit

I'm excited to finally get moving on this. Tires and rims will be in a couple weeks, I'm doing Nitto 37" trail grapplers and ultra 198B 17x9 wheels (picture below)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372101329.223308.jpg

I also installed my rock lights this past weekend just because you never know what the jk experience has in store.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372101407.023792.jpg

Last edited:

TrailRidden

sounds like a sturdy build! As otehrs said, LOD sliders take a while to ship. Got mine in a little over 3.5 weeks. Worth the wait in my opinion. Either EVO or LOD, cant go wrong. :beer:

bl17z90

Yeah, evo sliders are on backorder right now i ordered mine on June 6th and they said it would be around 4 weeks so I'm expecting them mid next week or possibly the week after that.

I got my gussets in about 2 weeks and i just ordered my front control arm skids today from northridge and im not sure when to expect them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom