2014 SEMA Dynatrac ProGRIP Jeep JK Wrangler Front & Rear Brake System

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Just ordered the ProGrip kit. Currently have the Teraflex big rotor. Will let you know my thoughts once installed.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Just got my kit!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421880381.545865.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421880393.240948.jpg

I'm fighting the urge to install the kit right now. I'll get to it in the next couple days, I've got other things that must get done first family-wise.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Install has begun:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422057490.347725.jpg

Comparison of stock vice ProGrip:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422057528.330485.jpg

Installed:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422057557.416328.jpg

Stock Rubicon rims with 1.5" spacer clearance pic:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422057602.754200.jpg

I only ran into one issue. There was some debris in the first brackets slide pin posts. I cleaned it out with a scratch awl (careful not to gouge the internal sides) and I removed the crud with a cue tip lightly coated in grease.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422057800.919951.jpg

The other front bracket didn't have any crud in it.

I'll post more when I'm done later tonight.

-Matt

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Just finished the install. No other problems with the kit. Just some squealing from the parking brakes pads (not part of the kit) because I must have tightened them too much or my parking didn't fully release. Either way, I'll look at it tomorrow.

Here are a few pictures of the aft brakes.

Comparison pic:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422077569.966153.jpg

Installed:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422077597.446306.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422077610.436377.jpg

I'll let everyone know how they are after I bed the pads.

-Matt

Trembley

They look sharp..too bad no awesome little dynatrac cover for the center...I'll still have to look at the ugly end through my chamber's that are on their way.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Thanks! Dynastic did a great job with this kit which made the install so much easier. They included a great set of instructions which made it even easier if you've done a brake job in the past.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to do any preservation or I would have cleaned up the calipers and apply some black brakes/caliper paint. Just something else to do once I find some time this summer.

espi

Thanks! Dynastic did a great job with this kit which made the install so much easier. They included a great set of instructions which made it even easier if you've done a brake job in the past.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to do any preservation or I would have cleaned up the calipers and apply some black brakes/caliper paint. Just something else to do once I find some time this summer.

So, how does the jeep stop?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Missed this. I too want to know how the braking is. :yup:

And damn, I am so glad I live out west, that is a lot of rust. :eek:

Bacon

Missed this. I too want to know how the braking is. :yup:

And damn, I am so glad I live out west, that is a lot of rust. :eek:

Haha, it's funny how relative this is. I was thinking that there's barely any rust there! And I'm only a few hours (ok, maybe 10 or so) up the coast from him.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Thanks to the driving ban in RI due to the latest winter storm, I've only put 20ish miles on the brakes so I haven't bedded them yet. So I can't speak to how great they are yet. I'm braking easy right now until I bed them after I put 200 miles of easy braking on them. Even without the bedding, I can feel a complete difference in how the Jeep feels when I apply the brakes. Much smoother and stronger. I'm looking forward to bedding them in a week or so.

On a side note, I preserved all components that I removed and re-installed for every other project. I couldn't do that this time due to freezing temperatures in my garage.

espi

Thanks to the driving ban in RI due to the latest winter storm, I've only put 20ish miles on the brakes so I haven't bedded them yet. So I can't speak to how great they are yet. I'm braking easy right now until I bed them after I put 200 miles of easy braking on them. Even without the bedding, I can feel a complete difference in how the Jeep feels when I apply the brakes. Much smoother and stronger. I'm looking forward to bedding them in a week or so.

On a side note, I preserved all components that I removed and re-installed for every other project. I couldn't do that this time due to freezing temperatures in my garage.

Ya you stole our snow.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Yep we did! Normally it just passes by the Newport area and we are envious of everyone else west and north of the island.

We'll see what Friday has for us all!

espi

Yep we did! Normally it just passes by the Newport area and we are envious of everyone else west and north of the island.

We'll see what Friday has for us all!

Haha ya Jersey was ready for a blizzard, but then less than a foot. When they don't forcast a lot we get nailed. Seems like the only job you can be wrong most of the time but keep your job.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Just installed and took a test drive on my new dynatrac ProGrip brakes. Definite improvement over my Teraflex big rotor I had on before. Of course it's not a scientific experiment. But could feel more stopping power.

Glad I installed since I've had a few close calls.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Update-
A week on the ProGrip brakes. These things are awesome.

Huge improvement even compared to the Teraflex kit I had on before.

I can now stop easily in 4lo on hills where I used to have to put jeep in neutral. I have a Hemi and 37" tires.

Put the Teraflex kit on my sons 2dr with 35" tires and it works very well for 35" tires.

Bottom line. Dynatrac for 37" or bigger and Teraflex for 35" IMO

espi

Update-

I can now stop easily in 4lo on hills where I used to have to put jeep in neutral. I have a Hemi and 37" tires.

Put the Teraflex kit on my sons 2dr with 35" tires and it works very well for 35" tires.

Sounds like this will be a huge improvement for those of us that tow a decent sized trailer

Can this be applied to the rear wheels as well? Is this intended to only be used on the front. I know a large percentage of braking power comes from the front wheels.

BDP849

Update-

How's your petal, factory firm or Teraflex soft?

MICP3309

Can this be applied to the rear wheels as well? Is this intended to only be used on the front. I know a large percentage of braking power comes from the front wheels.

This is the ONLY 4 wheel system. There's new rotors and such for each corner.:thumb:

Top Bottom