2015 Jeep Cherokee - Loose T Case Bolts??

WJCO

Meme King
I wonder if the fluid is low too. Looks like it's been leaking. A lot of these little gear boxes are junk once they run low. Tech has to pull tcase to fix bolts. There may be a reason why he wants to put a new one back on. I would have your buddy ask the shop why they want an entire new gear box.

Also if someone has worked on it recently in that area, that might explain the bolt situation.

Holy hell! It’s not like that little KL is blasting through the whoops, how the hell did that happen???

What @WJCO said. Has it been serviced before?

How on earth did the bolts shear off?

Yea I have no idea. Must be previous owner abuse. Makes no sense.

Holy hell! It’s not like that little KL is blasting through the whoops, how the hell did that happen???

What @WJCO said. Has it been serviced before?

Yea exactly. Potholes in Louisville are all this thing sees…I doubt it’s been serviced. Buddy doesn’t even drive it much. Probably was neglected for years by previous owner.

I wonder if the fluid is low too. Looks like it's been leaking. A lot of these little gear boxes are junk once they run low. Tech has to pull tcase to fix bolts. There may be a reason why he wants to put a new one back on. I would have your buddy ask the shop why they want an entire new gear box.

Also if someone has worked on it recently in that area, that might explain the bolt situation.

Yea to your point, I’ll need to get some more info on why he thinks it should be replaced…I’m definitely missing something here…

Bierpower

Hooked
^^ "Remove and replace" generally means they need to take it out to complete repairs and reinstall once done.

They may have meant "remove & re-install"
^^ "Remove and replace" generally means they need to take it out to complete repairs and reinstall once done.

Well fuck, thanks for clearing that up.

Definitely a bit counterintuitive compared to conventional Miriam-Webster definitions of words, but considering the context, I’d say you’re both right.

That would definitely clear up my question of “why would you automatically assume the t case needs to be replaced without even looking at it”.

He’s going to Re-place the same t case back into the jeep. And then Re-place half of a sandwich back into his mouth.

GP NOIR

Hooked
I’m just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. It could be I’m wrong and he plans to stiff you for a replacement t-case.

I’m just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. It could be I’m wrong and he plans to stiff you for a replacement t-case.

Yea it could go either way. Dude prolly knows his shit tho. Like WJCO said, there’s definitely some fluid leaking. Case may be smoked.

I’ll prolly never find out. Buddy's trying to cash out on it. It’s sitting in my driveway if anyone’s interested.

Top Bottom