2022 WAYALIFE New Year's Kick Off Run

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20211218121317-56b53c8b.jpg

Hey everyone, it's time time of year again - time to say goodbye to 2021 and kickoff a brand new year of wheeling! As always, Cindy and I will be doing this with all our friends, out in the Mojave Desert and we invite you to join us. For the most part, this will be an easy scenic run but there might be some mild technical sections and so we will have a few minimum requirements. Also, to help keep the group size manageable and fun for everyone, we will be limiting the amount of Jeeps that can attend. And, while we won't enforce this as a rule, we are asking that people who do sign up be an active member here on WAYALIFE or at least, to some minimal degree.

When : Saturday, January 8, 2022 @ 8:30am
Where : Off Road Evolution

Minimum Requirements

• Tow Points Front and Rear
• Rocker Guards
• Tow Strap
• Spare Tire

What You Need to Know

Please be aware that it will most likely be on the cool side all day if not down right cold. Please pack/dress accordingly and in layers just in case it turns out to be nice out. Also, you need to make sure that you bring plenty of water and snacks for you and everyone in your Jeep. We will try to make a lunch stop along the way but I would highly recommend that you pack a lunch, just in case. While we "should" be done with this run by sundown, more times than not, things DO happen out on the trail and you NEED to be prepared for a long night.

As is the case on any trail run, restrooms will be on short supply. I will be sure to stop periodically in a location where it's more advantageous for the ladies to find cover but, that's the best I can offer. Likewise, there are no trash facilities so you need to be sure to pack out what you pack in.

Although it's not a requirement, we will be communicating with Race Radios and having one will make this trip a LOT more fun. A good handheld like the kind PCI and Rugged Radios make work surprisingly well, are affordable and all you really need. For the most part, we will ask that you at least have Weatherman which is 151.625 and pretty much all race radios come with. If you have the ability to program channels, we also use 151.250 and 151.430.

Last but not least and maybe most importantly, YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS THREAD. Updates will be posted here and I will NOT answer questions by PM.

Social Distancing

If COVID is something you're concerned about, please DO NOT sign up for this run. We will NOT be enforcing social distancing rules and will not be asking people to wear a mask. What we will be encouraging is shaking of hands, giving big hugs and having people talk to each other in groups, just like we always do.

How to Sign Up

While Cindy and I know some of you well, there are plenty of you who we've never met in person before and if you'd like to sign up for this trip, we are asking that you please post up a pic of yourself and tell us what your real name is. We'd also like for you to post up a pic of your Jeep and tell us a bit about it. Also, just to reiterate, simply signing up will NOT guarantee you a spot on the trip. Your participation on this thread WILL.

Who's Going List

wayoflife & CarsonCindy
EVO
Moochie
RanchoRubi & Michelle
SDG & Loren
Brute
KevinG
benatc1
RESURECTIONJK & Lila
TrailHunter
piginajeep
Seahawkfan
JeepFan & GemHunter
mcpuck & Lori
Blake O
blazer
BBG
TrailJK & HeyitsRay
KBrite
LS JK
SS KnightKrawler
mituk
JeepCacher
JT@623
Lperdue
stokescr
Sylvester
Disciple Off Road
jbirkle
Drixtin

Lodging Information

If you're coming in from out of the area, Cindy and I have booked rooms at the Golden Nugget in Laughlin, NV for both Friday and Saturday night. However, there are LOTS of great hotels in the Laughlin area, all of them close by and you're more than welcome to stay at any of them.

With any luck, we'll see out on the trail! :cool:

Last edited:
Count me in. Likely gonna be my wife Lila and our daughter Paxton again. (Not pictured)
I’m Casey and we’ll be in our 2014 JKU on 4.5 RK springs and X-factor short arms riding on 38” Nitto trail grapplers on ATX beadlocks. Lockers front and rear and the usual beat up armor. Warn winch. Spare. cb etc. all the things

I’ll work on getting a new Race Radio… the one I had last year uh… died.

12118F64-9801-4174-9D82-6DFF8CDD0061.jpeg A12B9168-CBF7-4355-A124-73193DEFA2A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom