37" inch solo tire rotation

im moving up to 37s soon and after my last tire rotation with 35s im thinking i may need a little help lifting tires up to mount them. im getting old and weak it seems lol. is there anything i can use to help me lift these big tires solo or will i have to settle on asking for help each time i need to rotate tires?

FallonJeeper

Only lift the axle as far as you need to get the tire on.

Get a tire iron or lo g handled lug wrench to help lift and rotate the tire.
Don't be afraid to sit on the ground in front of the tire. Line up the lugs studs with the holes and walk the tire back.

Really pisses my 15, almost 16 year old off, because I can get my tire on faster than her does.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I sit on my ass, each leg straight out on either side of the tire. Using my hands under the tire and my knees, I gently left the wheel into place. It's easier if you rotate the brakes to put a single lug at the top.

For the spare, get some help. You can use a 2x4 on the bumper as a ramp, but be prepared to pull a nut or get a hernia.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I sit on my ass, each leg straight out on either side of the tire. Using my hands under the tire and my knees, I gently left the wheel into place. It's easier if you rotate the brakes to put a single lug at the top.

For the spare, get some help. You can use a 2x4 on the bumper as a ramp, but be prepared to pull a nut or get a hernia.

This is what I do minus the spare, I don't rotate that in.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
As Fallonjeeper said using a tire iron or pry bar to lift and rotate is where it's at. I laugh every time I see someone in birthing position trying to get there tires to line up. I use the tire iron method to line up 200# + truck tires with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
37" inch solo tire rotation

The spare is a two man job. The only way I've gotten around it is I built a quick table out of 2x4s and ply wood less than 1/2 lower than the tire height mounted and then use that to position it. I have an added complexity of a back up camera and brake light coming thru one of the openings in the wheel. Royal pain in the ass, i couldn't imagine hanging a 40".

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

thanks for all the feedback... basically it will be same process im currently doing. i do subscribe to the idea of not lifting them higher than needed.

Top Bottom