A howdy wave from Studio City CA

BACKBONE

Howdy! I'm a bit new to the forum here, been a member for a while but haven't posted much yet. I got my 2007 JKU in 2010 and have been hooked on the jeepin' life every since. Actually while in high school I got bit by the bug, probably due to episodes of MacGyver. My hope was to pick up an old CJ and lift it. But it was impossible to get the parents on-board with the idea, as a slightly older teen in my neighborhood had rolled his lifted CJ (lucky to walk away with his life actually) while turning off the county road into our neighborhood. Of course he was driving it like a Corvette, and I knew the difference, but still I couldn't sell the parents on the idea that my knowledge of center-of-gravity would keep me safe from youthful exuberance.

Time and college and starting a career intervened, time passed, and the dream was put on the back burner, but never went went away entirely. Years later, the dream pushed itself to the forefront and would not be ignored. Precisely one visit to CarMax later, I was the giddy owner of my '07, and it's been Just Empty Every Pocket ever since.

James

Thank you gents! I hope to learn much from the experienced community of Jeepers here, and contribute what I can.

James

Top Bottom