Adams 1350 front ds question

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I installed an Adams 1350 driveshaft a year or so back to go along with my PR44 and noticed from the beginning there was extremely tight fit between my t-case lever (on the t-case) and the yoke that I received from Adams. Every once it a while the yoke edge rubs against the t-case shifter lever when its in the 2 WD setting (it's most forward setting) and the noise travels up to the t-case lever in the cab and makes a wonderful click-click-click sound repeatedly. When in four wheel drive, the lever moves back and therefore doesn't come into contact with the Adams yoke so no problem there. I know that Adams suggests that you trim the more forward piece that holds the shift linkage cable in place but I'm not having an issue there, rather about a couple of inches back from there. Anyone else have this issue? I'm thinking I can't be the only one. I've looked at a couple of threads that have similar issues but it seems that those threads are regarding the trimming of the t-case linkage cable holder not the lever. I've included a couple of pics that are not from my jeep but hopefully illustrate my issue. One shows the lever (circled in red) that rubs (the yoke pictured is NOT the Adams one). The other shows the edge of the Adams yoke that it sometimes comes into contact with. I'm going to call Adams but thought I'd throw this out to the forum and see if anyone has any thoughts. I don't think its a huge issue as it doesn't rub all the time. I'm a little concerned that the yoke might snag the cable while I'm at freeway speeds and tear it off or something.

shift_lever.png

t-case_yoke.png

Tree Frog

Yeah there is a little thing that contacts the yoke ever so slightly.
Get under there with a sawsall or a small hack saw and clip it off.
Its been several years since I had to do it but it is a small silver part and you only need to cut a little piece of it off.

They used to tell you about it in the instructions. I read it then forgot about it.
First time I went to move the Jeep I about freaked. Cluck click click.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I think you installed the front driveshaft backwards. Against the tcase is supposed to be that second picture that you attached, not the yoke connection. Here’s a picture of mine. That extension in you second picture pushes everything clear of the selector bracket.

IMG_8854.jpg IMG_8853.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
^^^ what he said. Pretty sure it’s backwards. Here’s mine.

Image1520211913.499373.jpg
Image1520211946.256374.jpg
Image1520212180.809623.jpg

Edit: just realized you said that those aren’t yours... but here’s pics of mine anyway. Looks close but there’s enough clearance.

Last edited:

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Guys, thanks for the response but those pictures are not my actual set up. I included them for reference only. I circled the part that's rubbing in red. The yoke that is in the first picture is not the one I installed on my jeep. The one I installed is in the second pic. Sorry for the confusion.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
^^^ what he said. Pretty sure it’s backwards. Here’s mine.

View attachment 295248
View attachment 295249
View attachment 295250

Edit: just realized you said that those aren’t yours... but here’s pics of mine anyway. Looks close but there’s enough clearance.

Thanks for posting pics of your actual set up like I obviously should have. Anyhow, mine is installed exactly like yours. Where it rubs is behind the metal cable holder that extends down and often causes interference. I'll try and get some actual pics tomorrow when it's light out.

Exodus 4x4

You're 100% correct. That's not my actual setup pictured. I used that picture because it's easy to see the lever without the Adams yoke in the way. The yoke I have installed at the t-case is the one in the second picture.

Lol, sorry man. Hope that wasn’t taken the wrong way. I thought you actually did that and was just having fun with you.

Top Bottom