Air ride bags or Heavy duty coils?

Hilop

Caught the Bug
Fellas

I’m looking for some experiences/suggestions to level out my Jeep when we’re packed down with 3 growing kids, wife and all our gear. When all is said and done, I have about and inch of space between bump and joust in the rear which is leading to sway and bottoming out. Has anyone used airbags from Air-rite or Firestone to correct ride height or do you guys suggest more of an heavy duty overland coil?
I’m currently on 37” coopers, 4” plush rides, RS9000’s, full synergy front steering with flip and rear Trackbar relocation kit.

Any suggestions are appreciated

jeeeep

Hooked
Fellas

I’m looking for some experiences/suggestions to level out my Jeep when we’re packed down with 3 growing kids, wife and all our gear. When all is said and done, I have about and inch of space between bump and joust in the rear which is leading to sway and bottoming out. Has anyone used airbags from Air-rite or Firestone to correct ride height or do you guys suggest more of an heavy duty overland coil?
I’m currently on 37” coopers, 4” plush rides, RS9000’s, full synergy front steering with flip and rear Trackbar relocation kit.

Any suggestions are appreciated

I ran Clayton 3.5" designed to support front and rear steel bumpers, 37" spare with tire carrier and gear

I did not replace the factory rear bumper so the coils were on the stiff side for daily use.

Switched to the 4" plush rides for a little while and unloaded they were great, loaded down with gear I ran into the same issues as you mention.

I went back to my Clayton 3.5" coils, loaded down is where they really did the job and made for a nice ride.

Because I usually kept my Jeep fully loaded April EJS until end of summer, when I removed the plush coils they were slightly shorter so I stayed with the 3.5 and now keep a little bit of weight in the back of the JK to balance the coil and shock ride.

I'd recommend giving Clayton Offroad a call and see what they recommend for your use. They were very helpful in coil selection when I was ordering.

Top Bottom