American Flags - CB Antenna

hbkid22

So I am trying to figure out what flags people use (especially those on the Wayalife films) on the CB antenna that don't fray? I have a forever flag for the CB but driving even 40 it has started to fray. I see on the films people driving on the highways but the flags aren't fraying so curious if there is a specific one.

Hack12

So I am trying to figure out what flags people use (especially those on the Wayalife films) on the CB antenna that don't fray? I have a forever flag for the CB but driving even 40 it has started to fray. I see on the films people driving on the highways but the flags aren't fraying so curious if there is a specific one.

I could be wrong but I don't think the people in the films have them on for long periods of time.

I'll take a shot in the dark here and say that the reason why the flag on Moby isn't frayed is because it isn't above the level of the roof where the wind is much stronger.
My second guess is that Eddie and Cindi have a secret stash of them and just slip a new one on each time they stop when nobody is looking, lol.

hbkid22

I'll take a shot in the dark here and say that the reason why the flag on Moby isn't frayed is because it isn't above the level of the roof where the wind is much stronger.
My second guess is that Eddie and Cindi have a secret stash of them and just slip a new one on each time they stop when nobody is looking, lol.

I might have to keep a stash myself. :)

MTG

Caught the Bug
There is a post on here with a vendor that makes some with sewn edges to prevent fraying.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I keep my whip/ flag inside then put it on after airing down. They don't fair too well in high speeds.

Number1navydad

I have a good Valley Forge nylon flag. I sewed the top of the flag pole sleeve closed and it slips over my fire stick. I zip tie the bottom of the sleeve and it holds up well. My antenna folds down 90 degrees so I usually roll the flag around the antenna and fold it before going on the interstate.

Top Bottom