Battery Question: Jeep JLU 2.0L w/ Etorque/Auto Start/Stop

Dethrok

I started getting the "Aux switches not available, battery charging" alert in the aforementioned Jeep after 2.5 years of heavy use and just under 36k miles. Looks like the main battery is dying. Not the best, but not the worst for an OEM battery, as I'm reading.

I did some research yesterday and went and bought a new AGM H6 battery. I installed it this AM. The odd thing is, it's smaller than the OEM battery - by an inch or so. It is an H6, as all the battery sites recommend - but for some reason, it's smaller. It fits in the tray width-wise, but leaves a bit of space as you can see. The felt liner fits loosely like this.

IMG_9412.jpeg

Everything seems to be working fine, but not sure if I got the wrong one.

The OEM battery has no labels on it stating size that I've found.

IMG_9413 2.jpeg

TIA

Last edited:
Not sure who "everyone" is but the auxiliary battery I got for my 3.6L was a Group Size 400 SSB AUX14. Of course, I didn't even know there were 2.0L with an auxiliary battery.

Not sure who "everyone" is but the auxiliary battery I got for my 3.6L was a Group Size 400 SSB AUX14. Of course, I didn't even know there were 2.0L with an auxiliary battery.
Sorry - talking about the main battery - the 2.0L does not have the Aux battery.

LOL, I was thinking about that a bit and realized that might be what you're referring to.

The replacement battery being a little small in physical size shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks.

This is just the first time I've changed a battery in a start/stop vehicle (and one with the Etorque battery pack too). Was sure glad to not have to do that AUX battery as well after watching the vid.

I'm sure I shortened its life a bit by leaving it hooked up to my Dometic battery (normally for charging while driving) overnight a few times.

I've since rectified that by running a line to the front AUX switches that I can easily turn on/off so I don't drain the starter battery all night.

Top Bottom