Chirping sound

Seahawkfan

Hooked
So went out to Yucca / Joshua Tree yesterday and noticed when I got off the trail, I had pretty noticeable rotational chirping sound (like something was dry) coming from somewhere. I recently lubed everything that had a fitting. It's definitely rotational, stops when Jeep stops. Yesterday's terrain was dirt and shale like trails and little bit of sand dune. Didn't bury myself in any deep sand. Any ideas? Thanks And sorry didn't know where to post this.

jesse3638

Hooked
Had something similar happen to me and it was the center ball on my front drive shafts CV joint. If you habe after market shafts try removing one and drive to see if it goes away. If not then switch and pull the other shaft. Another cause ciuld be a bent rear axle flange but it doesn't sound like you were playing in the rocks so I'd bet it's one of your DS

Seahawkfan

Hooked
It seems to have disappeared.
But I was thinking about it a little more today. I'm going to pull the tires and take a look at my brake pads. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed pads on the front. Original pads still on it. About 38,000 miles. Do they still put those little warning tabs on brake pads? I know they don't chirp, but just starting to touch.

black pearl

Hooked
It seems to have disappeared.
But I was thinking about it a little more today. I'm going to pull the tires and take a look at my brake pads. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed pads on the front. Original pads still on it. About 38,000 miles. Do they still put those little warning tabs on brake pads? I know they don't chirp, but just starting to touch.
I’ve had my breaks make noise after dusty trail days. Or even a small stone getting up in there.

Top Bottom