Cozdude's build of Knuckles

Well I put new pads on a month ago. Ever since my brake have been howling everytime I come to a stop and it was annoying on the Moab trip. Well after looking over them tons of times I took it to my shop to have them look at them. They called and said my rotors were really worn down and glazed over from all the heat of stopping my heavy 35's and beadlocks. So as soon as I got home I ordered some new oem rotors off of amazon. Had one new one sitting in my garage that I got a long time ago for free so only had to order 3. Plan to install them as soon as they arrive cause I hate the fact of having brake fade and not being able to stop while they howl.

Next upgrade for sure when I can afford it will be the progrips. 37's can wait

Ray thinks our progrips have been our best mod yet. Once you go there you'll love them!

Ray thinks our progrips have been our best mod yet. Once you go there you'll love them!

Yea I know he was raving about them to me and that's why I think when I can I will do them before I do 37's. These new rotors will last me till then so hopefully next year I will do it

Yea I know he was raving about them to me and that's why I think when I can I will do them before I do 37's. These new rotors will last me till then so hopefully next year I will do it

Sweet! He mentioned the progrips a couple of times to me as well. Last year we didn't have them in Moab so I guess he really felt the difference this year on the trails.

Btw, Tim @ Trail Jeeps gave me a nice deal on the rear axle shafts you recommended. He also asked if I knew you and we agreed that you're a good guy. [emoji106]

Sweet! He mentioned the progrips a couple of times to me as well. Last year we didn't have them in Moab so I guess he really felt the difference this year on the trails.

Btw, Tim @ Trail Jeeps gave me a nice deal on the rear axle shafts you recommended. He also asked if I knew you and we agreed that you're a good guy. [emoji106]

Yea it seemed like he was loving them!

[emoji4] your too kind! Glad you were able to order them and gave you a great deal!

Did a few small thing to knuckles today. Ever since I out new pads on a month ago I have been having a break squeal when I was stopping. Looked everything over and just dealt with it for the whole Moab trip. Well come back and I gave up trying to figure it out so took it to my shop and they said my rotors were glazed over. So I bought new rotors and threw them on tonight. Went for a little slow drive to try and bed them in a bit. Already it feels better than it did so I'm happy.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461627403.169470.jpg.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461627411.672791.jpg.

Also while I was at it I fixed the front speed sensor that was rubbing on my wheel on the way out to Moab. It sucked cause I lost cruise control because of it
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461627463.414501.jpg.
Stripped the wires and reattached them. All better
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461627473.903329.jpg.

Also rotated my tires while I was at it since I 5k of hard miles on them in a few weeks

Top Bottom