DRLs

Jackboeker83

I have been doing some searching for DRLs and there seems to be 3 main brands for them. Rugged Ridge, American Adventure Labs and Quake. Both Rugged Ridge and American Adventure Labs are on back order for who knows how long (which doesn’t bother me), while quake is in stock. Quake and AAL seem to be almost identical in design while RR is a bit different. The lighting seems to be the same on all of them except RR doesn’t have sequential turn signals. Anyone have pros and cons with any of these companies/designs? Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

Lperdue

I installed both RR and AAL. Both work very well and I will add that you may need a tazer JL to stop the hyper flash on your dash board. The wiring harness is VERY clean and well made on AAL. This is probably is the only/biggest advantage I would give them over RR, other than that it’s about what looks more appealing to you. 4A360BD9-CB32-47C5-921E-E1B1FA3A6D50.jpeg 5F15BBAA-FB3D-4FEA-BBB2-E925577002C3.jpeg

Jackboeker83

I installed both RR and AAL. Both work very well and I will add that you may need a tazer JL to stop the hyper flash on your dash board. The wiring harness is VERY clean and well made on AAL. This is probably is the only/biggest advantage I would give them over RR, other than that it’s about what looks more appealing to you. View attachment 378324 View attachment 378325
Thanks for the comparison. I already have LEDs so I shouldn’t have that problem but if I do, I have the Tazer as well.

XX4xEXX

Caught the Bug
What I did was replace my OE led fenders with Nemesis Crawlers, delete the OE amberarker, install KC Cyclone in my grill as Blinkers on defused covers like a JK, wire in 2 flex 4 ERAs on a LasFit switch and its been awesome!. I did use AAL harness extension incase I want to add to the CKT later. I cut the OE marker connectors and plugged into the AAL connectors and tucked away. Used the ECRI programmer and worked with Kev on programming the loss of the marker reading light out. Thus far its great, amps good, ckt good, switch great and room for 3 more ckts.

Jackboeker83

So funny story. I ordered a set of quake DRLs and they sent me three. Not sure what the mix up was but sure as hell confused me.

Top Bottom