Extreme Terrain Recon Package

Todd Waller

Does anyone have an opinion on the Extreme Terrain Recon package available for Jeeps - 35" tires, 4.56 gears, etc. ? I like that you can get it from the factory meaning it is part of your warranty. Not sure about the factory lift kit, but everything else seems to be great considering it only cost you $4K. Appreciate any feedback folks may have.

benatc1

Hooked
392 JL…hence why I need to move my off road trailer out of the garage soon…moving the JK6 to NV

March delivery…no specific date yet
Bring you ordered the extreme recon package, does that mean keeping it a mild build for a bit?

Upvote 0

jesse3638

Hooked
Having ordered it on my wife's JL and now having 5k miles on it I'd say it's great. All of the upgrades you get you could not do after market for less. I'm pretty sure the lift is just taller springs as everything else looks identical to what you get on a standard rubi. I'm still waiting on the beadlock rings I ordered to convert the wheels but really about the only thing I plan on doing is some armor, winch, and onboard air. It's my wife's DD so it's honestly perfect as is. The 4:56's on 35's with the 8 speed auto accelerates just as good if not better than the Durango with the hemi did. Plus averaging around 17-18mpg combined isn't bad either.

Upvote 0
I think the gear upgrade is worth it alone IMO. If you plan to upgrade to 37’s and a little more lift you can sell your take off parts and not have to re-gear for the bigger tire, not that it’s required and not that 4.56 is a huge jump from 4.10’s but it IS an improvement. I see it as a major win. I do feel they should offer it in other engine options however and not just with the 3.6.

Upvote 0

Brute

Hooked
I think the gear upgrade is worth it alone IMO. If you plan to upgrade to 37’s and a little more lift you can sell your take off parts and not have to re-gear for the bigger tire, not that it’s required and not that 4.56 is a huge jump from 4.10’s but it IS an improvement. I see it as a major win. I do feel they should offer it in other engine options however and not just with the 3.6.
They do…it’s available with the 396…

Upvote 0
Top Bottom