Front left turn signal problem

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Hello all. So I’ve been having a weird issue with my front left turn signal and I don’t know anything about electronics so I’m hoping to get some help here before I take it to the stealership.

When I turn on the left turn signal, it will blink 9 times, then give me the warning the front left turn signal is out, and the bulb stops blinking. I can reset this by turning the jeep off, then it repeats again after 9 blinks. Any ideas?

https://youtu.be/CUj32WacApU

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JR007

Hello all. So I’ve been having a weird issue with my front left turn signal and I don’t know anything about electronics so I’m hoping to get some help here before I take it to the stealership.

When I turn on the left turn signal, it will blink 9 times, then give me the warning the front left turn signal is out, and the bulb stops blinking. I can reset this by turning the jeep off, then it repeats again after 9 blinks. Any ideas?

https://youtu.be/CUj32WacApU

I will be following this one, as I have the sa,e issue with my front right turn signal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you actually taken the light bulbs off and examined? Try swapping with right side see what happens.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I should also note that it started out intermittently but has become increasingly more consistent.

Have you actually taken the light bulbs off and examined? Try swapping with right side see what happens.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I took them out about 2 weeks ago and swapped them, it seemed to fix it for a couple of days but has since come back. I just swapped it again and it’s working normally. We’ll see how long it lasts. There is a very very small amount of corrosion in the connector.

Do both the front and rear lights actually blink or just the indicator in the dash?

Both lights blink, then the front left goes out when the dash indicator comes on. When I was messing around with it a few days ago, I tapped the left turn signal light and it actually came back on, but kept blinking rapidly as if it had a burned out bulb. Then it quit again until I reset it.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Maybe try some dielectric grease in your bulb socket. I’ve seen similar issues with other vehicles and that fixed it. It was something to do with the fitment of the bulb. Also it would help with any corrosion your experiencing.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Quick update... dielectric grease seems to have done the trick. I haven’t had any issues over the past few days with the turn signal. Thanks Bear_JKU for the recommendation! It’s still a little puzzling why it would blink exactly 9 times before cutting out before though [emoji848] I’m no circuitry wizard and it’s working now so I’m not gonna mess with it anymore. Lol. Thanks again!

jeeeep

Hooked
I've seen electronics loose enough (not loose like you would think) that the grounding would not be 100%

dielectric grease works well to stop that oddity

Bear_JT

Hooked
Quick update... dielectric grease seems to have done the trick. I haven’t had any issues over the past few days with the turn signal. Thanks Bear_JKU for the recommendation! It’s still a little puzzling why it would blink exactly 9 times before cutting out before though [emoji848] I’m no circuitry wizard and it’s working now so I’m not gonna mess with it anymore. Lol. Thanks again!

Just saw this. I’m glad it worked for you. [emoji482]Electrical is sometimes, something so easy it’s complicated. I’ve learned to start very small with it then work from there.

Top Bottom