Gladiator brake vacuum booster hissing noise.

Lstdrgns

Sooooo new gladiator 2021 and i have been hearing a noise...... I know it's a Jeep, it makes weird ass noises all the time. Hit a pebble in the road and it sounds like I drove it off a cliff, drive it off a cliff and it's quite and happy.
But I will be stopped or coming to a stop and hit the brakes and it hisses, it stops great, I think i could stand it on its nose if i hit the brakes hard enough.
I have looked it up all over, and have narrowed it down to the brake booster vacuum pump. It's strange maybe It's that I haven't driven such a technology advanced vehicle before and it's normal. But it freaks me out. I have read "dealer states it's normal" "mine does that too" to "that's not normal" "you're going to loose your brakes"

Anyone else have this happen? What did you do? Is it normal? Should I be concerned about plowing my new rig into a brick wall?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I suppose I hear some hissing, but it sounds like it’s coming from near the pedal. Never thought anything of it and not worried about it personally. I’d be more worried for the wall than the truck. Lol.

JimLee

Hooked
Mine (JL) sounds like an 18 wheeler with airbrakes going through a drive thru, I'm pretty sure its the blow off valve on the power steering pump dumping excess pressure . No problems 3 years, 30K miles later.

Top Bottom