Gladiator Motobilt inner fender liners install - looks great

LVMohave

I did the install last weekend on my Mojave. I did the Quake LED lights in the front and inner fender liner. The fender liners weren't cut exactly for a Mojave (their website mentioned fits all JT's) Anyway, I purchased some tools needed and started the install. I had to do some cutting with shears (disaster on first cuts until I learned how to properly cut with them) then I had to sand and use a dremel tool and file to get the smoothness and shape to fit in the wheel well and the Mojave shocks and reservoir lines. I spray paint the inner fenders with Steel-it black, color matched paint for the vented area and used American Adventure Labs Jeep JL/JT Fender Retention Hardware in black. I used plexiglass in orange to match the Mojave color in the center....it was difficult to say the least to cut, so on the backside it looks like crap, but you only see the final end result.

I also included the tape I used on the fender to cut and my first cut I made with the shears (ugly) and I gradually sanded and shaped to look acceptable. I did have my local shop install them because I couldn't get around the big tires to drill straight for rivnuts. Hope you guys enjoy!!!!

IMG_2489 (1).jpg
IMG_2488.jpg
72180604976__F3BAE2A1-B571-443B-9BF9-EA4062E8288B.jpg

NOW, starting to look better after cutting and shaping.......

IMG_2523.jpg
IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

THE END RESULT!!!!

Mojave (2).jpg

kevman65

Hooked
For future reference, don't use shears to cut with. Small grinder with cutoff wheel, Dremel with cutoff wheel, pneumatic grinder with cutoff wheel.
Lay your tape out, make marks on tape for cuts, then proceed slowly. Then a dress up with a file and sandpaper.

End result looks good.

LVMohave

For future reference, don't use shears to cut with. Small grinder with cutoff wheel, Dremel with cutoff wheel, pneumatic grinder with cutoff wheel.
Lay your tape out, make marks on tape for cuts, then proceed slowly. Then a dress up with a file and sandpaper.

End result looks good.
I do agree, but I only had access to shears and use what I had available. I did use a file and sandpaper.....lots of work!!!

Top Bottom