Goodyear Duratrac vs Nitto Trail Grappler

HEIMDALL_TJ

So my current procomp mud terrains are starting to go bare and I feel it may be time to go with an all terrain. I did some research and although the trail grapplers are more expensive they are said to do much better in mud than the duratracs. So most of the wheeling around here involves mud and I would like to know your opinions on the two.

My vote would be for the Trailgrapplers, would be better in mud and a lot better sidewall strength.

Duratracs are an outstanding snow tire. I don't expect you get a lot of snow in Florida. Go with the Grapplers.

If your looking for an AT then do you mean the Tera Grappler? The Trail is an MT from what I understand.

agh trail. i was thinking mud grapplers. but those wear down easily don't they?

They do wear fast I had them on my work truck that drove up and down a dirt road everyday and only got 6k miles out of thrm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

A lot of us run trail grapplers (MT) and have no complaints, just keep them rotated and you should get 40K out of them. If your looking for an AT tire then look at the Terra Grapplers, again a great tire, a buddy runs them on his Tundra and it's a great riding tire.

I have about 11,000 miles on my TGs and they still look newish. I will be sticking to this tire. Light snow and ice is a little tricky ( nothing that 4 high can't fix). Packed snow over 3 inches and it sticks like Velcro.

I'm on my second set of Trail Grapplers and will be moving up to a set in 37 in spring. So.. Needless to say I'm happy with them. And I get amazing deals on them threw work so that adds to it LOL

Sent from my SGH-I317M using WAYALIFE mobile app

agh trail. i was thinking mud grapplers. but those wear down easily don't they?

most people will have different numbers based on the amount of abuse they apply to their tire but between myself, a few people I know on the forums, and a few buddies of mine back home Ive come to see that with a set of mud grapplers you can expect about 40K+/- out of them on a JK with good regular rotation and proper inflation. A set of Duratracs you can expect up to 50+/- with the same care. Not enough for me to really worry about one vs the other.

so you think they'd last well on my tj?

yes. i run the Mud grapplers like many other on here. i have about 10,000 miles on them and they still look new! tread life is great. im sure the same can be said for the trail grapplers and the duratrac's

always loved the mud grapplers but have only seen blade sets of them:l i guess they'll last longer on the jeep than the average lifted truck that isn't put to use

I recommend DTs to everyone who sees snow. Im so impressed with this tire. You should go with the TG since you dont see snow. FWIW the DT has such good tread life that im kind of upset about having to move up in tire size when these 2 year old tires are still brand new looking.

I'm a fan of Trail Grapplers. They are aggressive in appearance and performance off the road. Relatively quiet on the highway.

I had Trail Grapplers on my F350 diesel and got 35000 out of them, we also have a set on the JKU with 15000 on them. I have no complaints, on the other hand I now have Mud Grapplers on the F350 now and they are loud as hell.

Top Bottom