Hbkid - "RHINO"

hbkid22

Hbkid's rebuild (slowly) - "RHINO"

See below...Sorry for the funky post.

Last edited:

hbkid22

Hbkid's rebuild (slowly) - "RHINO"

I am liking this thread looking at all the builds. Figured I should start mine and update as I go....I did buy this done as it sits now but will be upgrading parts overtime or when they break! It will be good to get everyone's input on what I have already (any experience) and also reviews on what I am looking at upgrading to...

I was fortunate to find this jeep with 29K miles on it already done so I figured for my first one get something already done and figure out what I like and dont like....

Current -
2009 JK
3" Pro Comp
Pro Comp Stablizer
Adjustable Track Bar
JKS quick disconnects
Stock axles/gears
35" BFG
Stinger SRC front with XRC 8 Winch
XRC rear and tire carier
SRC Side armor
Wayalife windshield sticker (most important)
Airaid intake

Future -
Want to go with Coil Overs but looking at the bolt-ons. Anyone have a 3-4" lift with bolt-on coil overs?
5.13 gears (I live in CO)
Bearcat Uniden 880
Rhino line inside
37" Nitto/Toyo
Flat Fenders -
Rockhard Trail Rack/Jerry Cans
Bestop instatrunk
Underseat lockbox
SmittyBilt GEAR seat covers
Rugged Ridge lights on Stinger
ARB twin compressor
Rear Locker
Dynatrac PR 44 Front

As it sits today...
photo_r.jpg

And just a little taste of the carpet mess.....
image (1).jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Looks like your off to a great start :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Jeep looks good but the carpet situation looks to be a mess. Why would you glue the carpet down? ( not you but whomever did that )

hbkid22

Jeep looks good but the carpet situation looks to be a mess. Why would you glue the carpet down? ( not you but whomever did that )

Thanks. And I have no clue why they would glue the carpet down. I don't even know who did it but this will be a fun challenge for the next week or so. It is slow going.

hbkid22

Slow go on the carpet. Finally decided to take it into shop next week and let them have at it! Also CB is planned for end of month. Still debating which one so any input is appreciated.

Also, on another note. If you had the choice of getting new axles or a bolt-on coilover kit from ORE which one? I already have a 3" pro comp lift on now tho.

sean.m.adams33

Slow go on the carpet. Finally decided to take it into shop next week and let them have at it! Also CB is planned for end of month. Still debating which one so any input is appreciated.

Also, on another note. If you had the choice of getting new axles or a bolt-on coilover kit from ORE which one? I already have a 3" pro comp lift on now tho.

What axles are we talking about? Both axles? PR?

hbkid22

Figured I should update with the most important mod of all! Should have gone with white but it's all good. Very subtle but I like. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410636114.894880.jpg

hbkid22

There is no pr for the rear. Just a trail 60 or pro rock 60. Is the next step up.

I didn't know that. Thanks. Would it be better to go with a Dana front and rear then or do a Dana front and PR44 rear? Writing out the long Christmas list and starting to budget!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I didn't know that. Thanks. Would it be better to go with a Dana front and rear then or do a Dana front and PR44 rear? Writing out the long Christmas list and starting to budget!

I forgot to put 44, but your better off with your factory rear axle. And a pr44 up front.

hbkid22

I forgot to put 44, but your better off with your factory rear axle. And a pr44 up front.

Got it now. I am still new and learning all this and I always thought you wanted to upgrade both or the rear but it sounds like the front is the more important. Makes a little more sense now. Thanks.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Got it now. I am still new and learning all this and I always thought you wanted to upgrade both or the rear but it sounds like the front is the more important. Makes a little more sense now. Thanks.

Being you have a x model, your rear axle is better than a Rubicon if you want to put a locker. The front d30 is your weak link. Good luck with your build. Looking good!

Top Bottom