Headliner options?

RTjeepman

I have a 2021 Gladiator and I was thinking about installing Boom Mat headliner padding.
Has anyone used these before?
And suggestions on a different option?
I found the Boom Mat headliner for around $275. So anything that costs more has to be worth the higher price.
Thanks for any input.

RTjeepman

Saw dirty dog has a new headliner for the JLU soft top. Price seemed reasonable as well
I saw that featured in a Quadratec YouTube video. Dirty Dog makes great products at a good price point. Unfortunately I have a hard top because of traveling for work and rarely being at home in my garage.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

jesse3638

Hooked
For those of you with any type of head liner how well do they work at simply keeping the temps down in general? ie...parked in the sun during summer months. I'm asking because I'm wondering about them for the JL and the baby.

Upvote 0

JT@623

Hooked
For those of you with any type of head liner how well do they work at simply keeping the temps down in general? ie...parked in the sun during summer months. I'm asking because I'm wondering about them for the JL and the baby.
I think they make a big difference being in AZ the summers are brutal a friend of mine did the hot heads and had the top of the roof painted white on his JL and it made a big difference.

Upvote 0

RCC

Not sure about the JT I run the hot head liners in my JK they are American made and will answer the phone when you call they fit perfectly and are well made.

I have the Hot Heads liner sitting in my shop waiting to be installed in JT. Hoping to get around to it soon.

Upvote 0

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’m not sure these things make a difference. I have no comparison but I have them in my 2017 and had them in my 2012. Still hot as fuck in the summer. They are literally pieces of carpet too which is disappointing.

Upvote 0

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I was looking into the hotheads liners too but never pulled the trigger. My interior seems to get much hotter and takes longer to cool down once I put the cage in. It’s just a big radiant heater. I don’t think the liners will have any effect on it.

Upvote 0

RTjeepman

I’m not sure these things make a difference. I have no comparison but I have them in my 2017 and had them in my 2012. Still hot as fuck in the summer. They are literally pieces of carpet too which is disappointing.
That's what I'm worried about...spending too much money on an item that doesn't do as advertised. There are also quite a few different options and they all go about it in a different way. Too confusing!!

Upvote 0

RTjeepman

Never ran a headliner but I can feel a difference between a black hard top and a white one. Albeit, it isn't a huge difference.
That is something I will keep in mind for my next Jeep purchase. I guess that's why I see so many Jeeps painted white with a white top? It makes sense now. Thank you.

Upvote 0

RTjeepman

My main interest in a headliner was to reduce noise rather than heat. I have the Mopar ones. I assume it helps.
I'm hoping to enjoy both benefits of noise reduction and temperature regulation. I know the effects will be minimal for both issues, but I feel the need to try. The factory headliners were just a little overpriced for me to choose. Thank you for your feedback.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom