High pitched engine noise on '22 Gladiator

Waffleman

Had to call again to get updates. So evidently it's the AC compressor making the noise. But like everything right now, part is on national back order.

I also had them check the door lock switch on the passenger front door, it's never worked since day one. Evidently the switch is junk.

Waffleman

Figured I'd update this. Parts finally showed up a week before Christmas, so they were able to get everything swapped out. So far so good.

They used their chassis ears on it, and chalked it up to an internal failure in the pump. Guarantee it's from the factory neglecting to charge the system when it was built.

Waffleman

Spoke too soon, noise is back. Haven't drove it much since I got it back, but had to drive it a fair amount last week, and it's squealin' like a stuck hog again. Plus the bad door lock switch they swapped out, quit working again...... Goes back in March 4th, but to a different dealer this time.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Spoke too soon, noise is back. Haven't drove it much since I got it back, but had to drive it a fair amount last week, and it's squealin' like a stuck hog again. Plus the bad door lock switch they swapped out, quit working again...... Goes back in March 4th, but to a different dealer this time.
That has to be annoying as all hell - i could deal with the door lock issue for a bit - but that sound would drive me crazy. I am not sure if its me but it seems like every 22 model year vehicle (domestic anyway) has had issues.

Lunentucker

Honestly it's the kind of noise that could lead to a fire that could burn the entire vehicle to the ground, after you remove any accessories and personal belongings you might want to hold on to. And it could be one of those fires that starts in a remote location, away from other people and property, with marginal cell services and very long EMS response times. :unsure:

ScoobyCarolanNC

Did you call Jeep Wave? nobody ever does, but when the new steering boxes came out in '20 for my JL they jumped me to the top of the line. I'd do that now.

casig127

Did you call Jeep Wave? nobody ever does, but when the new steering boxes came out in '20 for my JL they jumped me to the top of the line. I'd do that now.
Have been following this thread. We have the same issue on our 2022 Jeep gladiator. The dealer has replaced the idler pulley, alternator, the tensioner and the serpentine belt. It is still making the squealing noise. The dealer has now decided that the refrigerant is contaminated. They have sent a request to Chrysler to drain the refrigerant and put new in. Waiting on Chrysler to ok this next procedure. Sure hope that this will take care of it. Just a little reluctant to drive. But of course the dealership wants us to trade it in and let someone else have the problem.

Waffleman

Have been following this thread. We have the same issue on our 2022 Jeep gladiator. The dealer has replaced the idler pulley, alternator, the tensioner and the serpentine belt. It is still making the squealing noise. The dealer has now decided that the refrigerant is contaminated. They have sent a request to Chrysler to drain the refrigerant and put new in. Waiting on Chrysler to ok this next procedure. Sure hope that this will take care of it. Just a little reluctant to drive. But of course the dealership wants us to trade it in and let someone else have the problem.
Sorry to hear you're doing with the same shit! It is frusting as hell. I'm giving up on mine, and trading it off. They are just throwing darts at the wall at this point hoping something sticks...meanwhile, everytime it needs to go back in, it's a 4-6 week wait for an appointment...and then naturally everything is back ordered. Everytime I go in the garage and see it sitting just pisses me off.....so time to send the gladiator packing!!

Sorry to hear you're doing with the same shit! It is frusting as hell. I'm giving up on mine, and trading it off. They are just throwing darts at the wall at this point hoping something sticks...meanwhile, everytime it needs to go back in, it's a 4-6 week wait for an appointment...and then naturally everything is back ordered. Everytime I go in the garage and see it sitting just pisses me off.....so time to send the gladiator packing!!
You could buy something reliable like a Ford. 😄

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
You could buy something reliable like a Ford. 😄
i've had 17 ford trucks - my '23 Platinum was a piece of junk - $80k truck and engine started misfiring at 700 miles on the clock ... the panaromic roof cover would flap (sealing issue) just driving down the highway - it would go out of reverse on its own ... and nearly everything would rattle and shake after only 700 miles... imo - they are junk.

i've had 17 ford trucks - my '23 Platinum was a piece of junk - $80k truck and engine started misfiring at 700 miles on the clock ... the panaromic roof cover would flap (sealing issue) just driving down the highway - it would go out of reverse on its own ... and nearly everything would rattle and shake after only 700 miles... imo - they are junk.
Ford used to be good, but in recent years, there are many more problems than usual.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Ford used to be good, but in recent years, there are many more problems than usual.
I put 130k miles on my '14 F-150 in 2 years - it never let me down - i towed 14k lbs with it at one point (engine screaming and lots of rear end sag) and it never let me down - just oil changes - 1 serpentine belt and i did spark plugs as preventative maintenance - changed the trans fluid at 60k miles (oil changes every 3k-5k miles) those 5.0's were damn good engines imo.

Waffleman

I'm staying away from anything built after covid at this point....at least for quite awhile. It's funny when you look online ( marketplace, etc ) of how many 2022 models are for sale with hardly any miles on them. Just rolling piles of shit across the board with every brand it seems. I mean they all had their issues before that, but they really went to hell after covid.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
I'm staying away from anything built after covid at this point....at least for quite awhile. It's funny when you look online ( marketplace, etc ) of how many 2022 models are for sale with hardly any miles on them. Just rolling piles of shit across the board with every brand it seems. I mean they all had their issues before that, but they really went to hell after covid.
The only 22's that were worth getting imo are the 4runners and landcruisers ... everything else is just junk in that year.

Ford seemed to be hit the hardest by supply-chain issues. There were many parking lots of vehicles near the factory which were waiting for parts before they could be finished.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Ford seemed to be hit the hardest by supply-chain issues. There were many parking lots of vehicles near the factory which were waiting for parts before they could be finished.
Their quality has gone way down hill post '21 especially. Parts shortage or not - i'd rather wait and get a quality vehicle than get one now that is falling apart. No excuse for them. You know it used to be you could watch raw materials go in one end of the ford plant - and finished products go out.... globalization has really sinked quality across nearly all sectors of manufacturing.

Top Bottom