How to remedy Jeep droop...

Jaeger

I had my springs replaced with my lift kit as part of the package originally...it is a Teraflex setup. I'd like to get rid of the (about an inch or two) droop that the Jeep ends up with after loading it up, and many times, pulling a trailer full of motorcycles, etc. My question is two-part... one, should I upgrade the rear springs to something like a Teraflex overland or just put in a puck to bring it up? I don't want the droop, but I also don't want a sloppy drive. Second, I'm leaning towards 5.13s for a regear (3" lift, 37s on 17s) as I think that would work just fine (also a heavy setup overall), so the question is--- would a 5.38 be just unnecessary or actually helpful?

Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
Stiffer springs may help but ride may not be ideally what you want. Teraflex isn't the highest in quality regardless.

Upvote 0

JimLee

Hooked
Air "helper" springs? Problem I see with adding height to compensate for load is that when you are unloaded you may end up ass high. I just don't know if these bag systems can hold up to serious wheeling personally, maybe someone else has tried them and can chime in.
https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/inde...tcliT-M-c-gqc_QhrPTKhAErw0G6T7FMaAvGaEALw_wcB

Edit: sorry the ones I linked are for a liberty, let me find the correct ones for a JK

There it is: https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/inde...l7yE0PiWLivQ6sqD3D_8jl36lKFdc3N4aAvtsEALw_wcB

Upvote 0

Jaeger

Stiffer springs may help but ride may not be ideally what you want. Teraflex isn't the highest in quality regardless.
I honestly wouldn't know who the best of the best is when it comes to upgrades, etc. so if you have a suggestion, I'm all ears! Thanks!

Upvote 0
I’d get away from Teraflex (speaking from some hard learned experience) if you need springs that can handle a heavier jeep look at AEV or the RK triple rate springs. I’ve ran both and I am currently using the RK springs. Zero sag and that’s with a full camping loadout for an entire family of 4. they ride great and give a true lift height. If you order 3.5” springs, that’s what you’ll get.

Here is a picture with it empty minus my tools that I always keep on board
8A611FCB-ED21-40E3-852E-55E76C2C8184.jpeg

And a picture with a full camping load out. Difference in weight is 5677 empty VS 6213 fully loaded. Hope this helps.

As far as gears go if your jeep is heavy and you pull, I’d go 5.13’s. That’s what I run and they’re perfect for me and where I drive. I’ve had 37’s 38’s (currently) and 39’s. 5.38 gears on stock axles is a time bomb that will go off. The ring gear is really thin at that ratio (5.13’s) is pushing it as it is and it won’t be long before you take some teeth off the ring gear or pinion or both.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom