Hydro question

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
There is quite a bit of play here. Should I add more spacers or does it look fine? How much play should it have? 20200616_213207.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jeeeep

Hooked
the hose is connected to the tab mount? is there a ram?

ah, i didn't notice it is the ram was painted black.

jam nuts and thicker washer, looks like the top washer still has a gap...is that a rubber bushing? not a heim joint?

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
There should be a nut that locks the eyebolt to the ram, out also helps to keep it from rotating. Not sure those rubber bushing are going to hold up with the pressure of the ram either.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
There should be a nut that locks the eyebolt to the ram, out also helps to keep it from rotating. Not sure those rubber bushing are going to hold up with the pressure of the ram either.

Good eye, I didn't notice that. I didn't do the install but can I easily add a nut there by just taking the eyebolt off?
Where are you seeing a rubber bushing? On the hose fitting? Recommend a replacement?

bkac

Caught the Bug
Good eye, I didn't notice that. I didn't do the install but can I easily add a nut there by just taking the eyebolt off?
Where are you seeing a rubber bushing? On the hose fitting? Recommend a replacement?

Yes you can remove the eyebolt and add a nut.
I looks like the axle mounting bolt side has 2 black rubber bushings, maybe it’s just the way I’m seeing it. I can’t tell 100% from the photo.

bkac

Caught the Bug
It's a redneck ram. Looks like they didn't put the nut on the other side either. View attachment 349049

Yeah that could cause some issues down the road. I tried there product once, The heim joints lasted 1 wheeling trip and were toast. I went PSC after that experience. Live and learn.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Here’s the other issue I see. The reason you need spacers is that mount is meant for a steering stabilizer and not a ram. That will eventually fail without reinforcing that bracket by welding it to the axle housing. Not a fun break when on the trail. Makes for a crazy drive home lol

Top Bottom