I hate thieves!

jdofmemi

I came out of the motel I was in last night to find the tailgate missing on my work truck.

To make it worse, the bed was full of crap I had loaded up to clean up a job site, so I had to get creative to keep it from falling out.

We should just cut their fucking hand off when we catch them

Attachments

• IMG_20191023_053640-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20191023_053640-600x800.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 191

Noble Woodsman

This stuff enrages me too. Had my vehicles broken into twice in the last year right in front of my house.

There are dash cams now that auto upload footage of the exterior and interior of your vehicle to the cloud using 4G LTE, so that you can get footage of the vandals, even if they steal the camera too. Might be worth checking out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

This stuff enrages me too. Had my vehicles broken into twice in the last year right in front of my house.

There are dash cams now that auto upload footage of the exterior and interior of your vehicle to the cloud using 4G LTE, so that you can get footage of the vandals, even if they steal the camera too. Might be worth checking out.

Link? I’d like to check that out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I came out of the motel I was in last night to find the tailgate missing on my work truck.

To make it worse, the bed was full of crap I had loaded up to clean up a job site, so I had to get creative to keep it from falling out.

We should just cut their fucking hand off when we catch them

WTF!! Yes, I'm 100% with you on the hacking off of hands. Sorry to hear about this shit. :naw:

longarmwj

My first time question is who steals a tailgate, and my second question is who steals something as big as a tail gate and doesn’t get noticed!? It takes a minute to get those things off

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Noble Woodsman

Link? I’d like to check that out.

Purecam allows you to buy their data plan or use a sim card from any other data plan you like. This is the one I will probably get for myself.

https://shoppurecam.com/purecam/purecam-16gb-card#/

Blackvue also offers cloud uploads, but you need to have a separate wifi hotspot in the car for it to connect to the internet. At SEMA last year, they announced that they were launching a model in early 2019 that has built in 4G like the Purecam, but so far it hasnt come out.

https://www.blackvue.com/

There are a few others too. I think there's one called The Owl, but it turns off a few minutes after the vehicle turns off. Do a search for "cellular dash cams" or "4G dash cam".

jdofmemi

This sucks, didn’t your tailgate lock?

Well, it does, with the key. I usually forget, and because I'm in it multiple times each day, it is a PITA.

This is a top of the line 2016 F-350

My Chevy's as far back as 2004 and my Dodges as far back as 2012 automatically lock the tailgate when the doors lock. Ford seems to always be behind the field on simple things like this.

My first time question is who steals a tailgate, and my second question is who steals something as big as a tail gate and doesn’t get noticed!? It takes a minute to get those things off

I haven't gotten a quote yet, but was told these newer tailgates, mine had the integrated step, go for something like $4K, then you have to get it painted.

I guess the thieves have a ready customer in some shady body shop.

As for not getting noticed, the security camera gets my left front headlight, and the car to my left, plus everything else to the left. The next camera starts about 20 ft to the right. The entire space I'd a dead zone, and a convenient gap in the hedge as plowed easy access.

Purecam allows you to buy their data plan or use a sim card from any other data plan you like. This is the one I will probably get for myself.

https://shoppurecam.com/purecam/purecam-16gb-card#/

Blackvue also offers cloud uploads, but you need to have a separate wifi hotspot in the car for it to connect to the internet. At SEMA last year, they announced that they were launching a model in early 2019 that has built in 4G like the Purecam, but so far it hasnt come out.

https://www.blackvue.com/

There are a few others too. I think there's one called The Owl, but it turns off a few minutes after the vehicle turns off. Do a search for "cellular dash cams" or "4G dash cam".

Thanks for the links

And thanks to all the others condolences.

Top Bottom