Jeepers who workout, weights and gym thread

Mitrig

Hey guys just curious what everyone is into I know a lot of the younger jeepers in my area are huge into crossfit so I was curious what is everyone into?

Personally I do bodybuilding and have been since for years now, started with powerlifting and competed through hs then moved to strongman training now I'm into bodybuilding since I nolinger compete note I am only 22 so I have only been in the gym since 14 and the first 6 years was strictly strength buildin so I am a bigger dude but I have done crossfit with friends and ran a few marathons trust me when you're 250 lbs luging that weight for 26 miles is bs ahah.

So what are you all into? Other than jeeps ;)

Crossfit? Marathons? Bodybuilding? Strongman? Powerlifting?

Anything cool? I'm always looking to try to find new things to try especially in wheeling trips I use the roll cage for dips and find a way to workout using gear ahaha pulled the jeep one time up a hill

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Eating. I’m into eating. And being fat. That’s why I have a jeep; so I don’t have to hike.

Mitrig

Eating. I’m into eating. And being fat. That’s why I have a jeep; so I don’t have to hike.

I was expecting that to be the first answer someone gave me lol. I love eating that's partially why I workout so I can be a cow and no one can question why I eat a dozen egg whites a day and have tubs of protien in the car and a dozen bananas in the backseat ahah

Mitrig

You have bananas in your backseat? Hahaha! I don't want any thank you!

You don't want a banana? I'm appalled bananas are the most amazing fruit. I have had someone jump in and sit on my bananas and that is just awkward lol

CedarRaider

I do a combination of high set low rep heavy weight and high rep moderate weight 6 days a week. I've lost 120 pounds in the last year over 40 of that was muscle so I'm on my way back to getting strong again. I do cardio at least 4 times a week. Cross fit is not my thing but they have my respect.

Silver Surfer

I am getting back into the gym next week as I weighted myself and I was appalled of how much I gained. I guess I am not as young as I thought I once was. hiking is not my thing bad knees but working out is going to have to be treadmill running is a lot easier on my knees than running in the streets. I have always had a short stocky build, now I am short and pudgy. major beer belly going on here...

Clark Griswold

I have played ice hockey for about 30yrs, worked out pretty hard in college but on and off now for the last few yrs. it gets tougher and tougher after 40 and I just got plain tired of pushing iron around. I think cross for would be more for me as I like competition and doing different things but don't know anybody into it in my area. Hockey is a great workout but playing only once sometimes twice a week is not enough.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I've got a squat rack, olympic bar and some bands in the garage. As well as the military gyms I use on base. I was very interested in crossfit when I first came across it, but I was slowly turned off becuase of the cost. I also got a road bike recently and I may start biking to work.

2014 JKUR

Attachments

• 1406849591702.jpg
    1406849591702.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 742

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
The gym was my first love.... Then came the jeep. Haha. After being forced to lift through High School football I hated it. Then I started building on my own and spend way too much time at the gym. Worked at a gym for a year and I still act like I live there. Trying to be a beast driving a beast!

Mitrig

Hockey I never was too good at. Always stuck to lifting. Wish I had jeeping buddy who lifted. Every gym partner I hve ever had never able to keep up in term I weight. I'm no where near avg strength or size. So every gym partner I have had maxed out where I would warm up.

I've always been told I match my rig really well.

Love the beast driving a beast ahaha!!

CerOf

I load up my Deuter with weights and trail run. Well, the run part is only about two miles. The other four averages about 3.3mph. My route takes me over four streams and up and down a lot of hills. I do it 3x a week, sometimes more.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I use to work out 5 days a week and martial arts for 18 years. My goal was to be as big as Arnold Schwarzenegger. Then I fell from a second story stairwell and screwed up my shoulder and neck so my activities stopped and muscles went to my stomach. I was going to start back up 2 years ago and doctors found that I have a bad valve in my heart and said no weights or running. The good side is Jeeping and offroad is ok. Doctor wants to wait until valve gets worse before replacement. :banghead::mad:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SilverBack

I use the gym on base 6 days a week during lunch and do trx when I am away and it will strap to the roll bar of the jeep for camping.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I love to workout!

I did Olympic weightlifting throughout college. Squatting 6-7 times a week and sometimes trained twice a day! Loved it. But it takes a toll on your body and I didn't want to push any injuries too far. So now, I do a 4 day push pull routine. It seems to be working. I added decent size and strength is going up like crazy!

Clark Griswold

Hockey I never was too good at. Always stuck to lifting. Wish I had jeeping buddy who lifted. Every gym partner I hve ever had never able to keep up in term I weight. I'm no where near avg strength or size. So every gym partner I have had maxed out where I would warm up.

I've always been told I match my rig really well.

Love the beast driving a beast ahaha!!

Being Canadian hockey should be in your blood. Lol. So if we get stuck anywhere next weekend we don't need a winch I will just throw you a strap and let you pull. 👍

Mitrig

Being Canadian hockey should be in your blood. Lol. So if we get stuck anywhere next weekend we don't need a winch I will just throw you a strap and let you pull. 👍

Not at all ahah. I've pulled the jeep multiple of times. Tweeked my calf a little last weekend doing a 4 tonne truck pull so really who needs a winch. I'm like a bison ahah

Top Bottom