new '23 JT upgrades

deuce2ii

Hi All, I just traded in my '21 JL for a '23 JT. I'm looking at installed a 4" Teraflex lift with 37" tires. I'm planning on a 17" wheel. What offset wheel will I need? How narrow can I go on this wheel?

Thanks,

Bret
St. George, UT

Most kits will need a wheel with 4.75” backspacing to clear components. I’m sure their instructions specify to be sure. Non beadlocks will usually be 17x8.5 which is what you want with a tire that’s 12.50 wide.

Last edited:

Lunentucker

Hi All, I just traded in my '21 JL for a '23 JT. I'm looking at installed a 4" Teraflex lift with 37" tires. I'm planning on a 17" wheel. What offset wheel will I need? How narrow can I go on this wheel?

Thanks,

Bret
St. George, UT

Which sub-model?
Rubicon factory offset is +44 mm
Mojave factory offset is +37 mm
Both had the wide Dana 44 axles.

Of course the key tire dimension when talking about offset is the width.
Most can run a 12.5 wide on stock rims with no issues, so don't go buying way more poke than you need.

LVMohave

The new KMC 549 wheels look awesome! - they look just like the KMC Grenade, but they arent real beadlocks. Was hoping to see the machined wheel with black (fake) beadlock in black on some Gladiators soon!! I'm not sure I'm sold on the machined part of the wheel. On the grenade, I like the machine part on the beadlock

Top Bottom