Rear Passenger Coil Rubbing on track bar

Installed MetalCloak 3.5” Game Changer. Everything about it rules. However, I lengthened the rear upper control arms to get my new Adams shaft right in line with the differential and the axle was pushed back just far enough that the spring rubs on the track bar during off road levels of compression. The upper track bar bolt also pushes into the passenger side rear bump stop at full stuff. I called MetalCloak about a rear coil angle correction bracket and they seemed confident that all I have to do it run the control arms back in proportionally and pull the rear axle forward. HOWEVER, the rear wheels look perfectly centered in the wheel well, even at full stuff. I should probably just pull the axle forward 1/2 inch, but I’m still going to fish around for other opinions. 2 cents welcome. Thanks 23A07E8A-5991-4FAB-9EBB-B69E50772BD0.jpg 11CC1660-A8D3-4870-95C8-ADCF0EE3C64F.jpg

Just now reading post about eco coils bowing. Seems like some pretty good advice there already! Sorry for clogging up the thread highway:doh:

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Installed MetalCloak 3.5” Game Changer. Everything about it rules. However, I lengthened the rear upper control arms to get my new Adams shaft right in line with the differential and the axle was pushed back just far enough that the spring rubs on the track bar during off road levels of compression. The upper track bar bolt also pushes into the passenger side rear bump stop at full stuff. I called MetalCloak about a rear coil angle correction bracket and they seemed confident that all I have to do it run the control arms back in proportionally and pull the rear axle forward. HOWEVER, the rear wheels look perfectly centered in the wheel well, even at full stuff. I should probably just pull the axle forward 1/2 inch, but I’m still going to fish around for other opinions. 2 cents welcome. Thanks View attachment 327418 View attachment 327417

Doesn’t bow nearly as much as mine haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom