Rear Shock Orientation Q'

NME

Hey guys, so I just learned after some searching and reading that I actually put my King Res shocks on the front on the wrong side. So that got me wondering about the rear. I have the reservoirs pointing inward. Now I couldn't get them to clear with the reservoir facing the rear of the vehicle like I have seen. However, does that mean I was simply trying to put them on the wrong side? I have seen some Jeeps (via google images) and some other vehicles with the reservoir inward as well, but will this effect the function/safety of the shock if it is oriented this way?

Attachments

• 20210402_213625.jpg
    20210402_213625.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 13

Ddays

Hooked
Bad news on the rears too - the res goes towards the back. You'll likely run into interference with the control arm mount during flexing.
The two reservoirs should point inwards.

NME

Bad news on the rears too - the res goes towards the back. You'll likely run into interference with the control arm mount during flexing.
The two reservoirs should point inwards.
Yeah I figured as much. Lol. Oh well, should be easy to redo now that everything has been done recently. Just not looking forward to compressing those bad boys again. Thanks for the reply.

Ddays

Hooked
Yeah I figured as much. Lol. Oh well, should be easy to redo now that everything has been done recently. Just not looking forward to compressing those bad boys again. Thanks for the reply.
Yup, figures, right? Yeah, getting them into position is fun. A big screwdriver or pry bar helps (y)

jdofmemi

Jack the Jeep up, either with a Hi Lift, or use some wood blocks on your floor jack, and put it under the hitch, then jack it up till you have full droop.
Makes it go a lot easier. I just did mine last night that way.

Top Bottom