Soft top suggestions

Jackboeker83

I'm looking for suggestions on a soft top for my 23 JLUR. I like the slantback style that can fold back and get completely out of the way. I know TrekTop has the ULTRA but when the top is up it doesn't sit close to the roof (has a bubble appearance to it). I don't necessarily like that look. They make the NX Glide for the JK and it doesn't have the high roofline like that. I know Eddie made a video on the rampage but I heard they had problems with traveling at high speeds. Any suggestions?

Jackboeker83

I have the regular trek top on my JLUR. I really enjoy it.
I absolutely love the way it looks and if I could completely take it down/off I would have bought it already. I know the ULTRA does it but it looks goofy as hell. I might just go with the one you have if I don't find a better solution.

tallguy26

Caught the Bug
When I have the rear windows off and the sunrider open I honestly can't tell there is a top on the rear seats.

SeaSharp

I have the Super Ultra on my JKU.

Lots of pics of it here in various positions.

I have beat this thing up. Super tight trails, lots of limbs, sticks, etc. It shows some scratches on the windows but not something I care. The versatility of it made me sell my hard top. It is a transformer. I am not one to take my doors off so having the ability to take all rear windows out, and go from completely open to closed up in a matter of seconds when caught in a rain is a huge deal for me. Typically once warm weather sits in I keep the rear windows out and only put them back in during hunting season.

Since the windows are out most of the summer I needed a way to make sure stuff was locked up so installed the Diabolical Slipstream in the rear. I only paid $700 when I bought it, i see it has gone up considerably. But I really love it.

jeepactionmag

I run the Trektop Pro on a JKU and it’s great in winter compared to a normal soft top the rear window is awesome being glass but miss folding the whole thing down in summer because it has a skeleton in the rear. But I will say it’s well made been running it since 2019 worth paying the extra for twill and I am still very happy with it.

JAGS

Hooked
How does the road noise compare soft top vs hard top?
Can you speak up, I can barely hear you.

kind of like that. Ha ha. I have premium factory soft top (a bit better material and noise dampening). It’s really only an issue if there are high winds outside. Normal road and weather it’s never been an issue having a softop.

Top Bottom