Thoughts on Pros/Cons Dynatrac & Carbon & ?? 44/60 for JKU

My Carbon axle has the Currie name and logo on it. I'm happy with the axle. I went with them because they were local. They let me walk through their shop, and showed me around. Customer service is incredible. Also, I did break a shaft. They responded immediately, and Fedexed a replacement.
My son has a JKU now and we're building it. He is going with 40s. Honestly having a hard time deciding between Fusion and UDs.
I have MetalCloak shocks and springs. For the price I paid, I can't complain. But nothing else from them impresses me. Seen too many issues on the trails, especially with the 6 packs. Highly recommend a different route there.
I am starting to think of a different route for shocks, the 6 pak are sweet, but I am starting to think about the impact they can endure. I will not be going full throttle, but I will be in some hair situations, and have read things about the 6 pak set. Thanks for your imput, I am taking it all in.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am starting to think of a different route for shocks, the 6 pak are sweet, but I am starting to think about the impact they can endure. I will not be going full throttle, but I will be in some hair situations, and have read things about the 6 pak set. Thanks for your imput, I am taking it all in.
For the price, you're well on your way to a set of coilovers and really, that's what you should really be looking at if you're wanting to spend that kind of money.

rmiller31

Never understood the draw to 6 pack shocks. I think metalcloak makes some decent stuff (tho I hate the gold zinc coating. In my climate it lasts about a year)

Your spending 2 grand on a gimmicky shock with zero adjustability. I was recently considering them for my jl (The lift not the 6 packs) but every vendor I talked to was trying to push me toward their rocksport budget shock stating to get better I needed to move to something like fox 2.5's because it worked so well with their springs. my budget for shocks was around $1.5k and at 2k for the 6pak your approaching coilovers territory. Needless to say it was frustrating and I ended up just passing on them all together lift and all.

Never understood the draw to 6 pack shocks. I think metalcloak makes some decent stuff (tho I hate the gold zinc coating. In my climate it lasts about a year)

Your spending 2 grand on a gimmicky shock with zero adjustability. I was recently considering them for my jl (The lift not the 6 packs) but every vendor I talked to was trying to push me toward their rocksport budget shock stating to get better I needed to move to something like fox 2.5's because it worked so well with their springs. my budget for shocks was around $1.5k and at 2k for the 6pak your approaching coilovers territory. Needless to say it was frustrating and I ended up just passing on them all together lift and all.
I will be looking into coilovers, have to do more research on brand pro/cons and a little on pricing. I dont wanna pay more than "I" think they are worth to me.

jesse3638

Hooked

Not to mention for 2k you can get a set of EVO spec Kings. Paired with plush ride springs I'm fully satisfied with the ride and know I can hammer them.

Top Bottom