Toyo MT or AT

hbkid22

So I currently have BFG AT and they are miserable in the snow. I am looking at the Toyo MT or AT and curious if anyone has either one and live in snowy areas. Do they handle well?

Voodoo Actual

I have Toyo M/T's. I've driven then A/T - didn't like it much. There is a new Toyo A/T. I haven't drive that but I suspect it will drive like...an A/T.

I'm in deep snow, often. Sometimes good snow. Sometimes bad snow.

You just need to know how to drive your tire.

A/T's you need to keep them spinning to keep them cleaning themselves out or they'll turn into a slick.

If you spin M/T's too much you'll just dig yourself in.

Also, air down.

chemlight_ninja

The wife has the AT2 and I truly feel safe with her driving them around in the winters of Montana. I have taken her jk out snow wheeling a couple of times as well. Aired down to 13 psi they were brilliant. I would just take it easy on the skinny pedal and creep right through the deep stuff.

hbkid22

I have Toyo M/T's. I've driven then A/T - didn't like it much. There is a new Toyo A/T. I haven't drive that but I suspect it will drive like...an A/T.

I'm in deep snow, often. Sometimes good snow. Sometimes bad snow.

You just need to know how to drive your tire.

A/T's you need to keep them spinning to keep them cleaning themselves out or they'll turn into a slick.

If you spin M/T's too much you'll just dig yourself in.

Also, air down.

I agree it's how's you drive them but I could take any tire and baby them to get me home better than the BFs.

I want a tire I can trust and quite frankly I don't like BF A/T. Sold the last pair and want to sell the current and looking for first hand experience.

Not trying to be rude but looking for first hand experience. I could take any tire and drive 10mph with 28psi and be fine but that doesn't work for me.

hbkid22

The wife has the AT2 and I truly feel safe with her driving them around in the winters of Montana. I have taken her jk out snow wheeling a couple of times as well. Aired down to 13 psi they were brilliant. I would just take it easy on the skinny pedal and creep right through the deep stuff.

When you say AT2 what tire are you referring to? I am sure I should know this but I don't. Sorry.

And I would never put my wife in the BFs.

dirtlimo

I have the Toyo MT's and I really don't like them in the thin snow/non-virgin areas on road. In the thick stuff they are pretty good, but how often do I see that on my drive to work? If the Duratrac was available in a 37 I would have gotten that, I think that's a pretty good tire for what CO throws at us.:beer:

hbkid22

I have the Toyo MT's and I really don't like them in the thin snow/non-virgin areas on road. In the thick stuff they are pretty good, but how often do I see that on my drive to work? If the Duratrac was available in a 37 I would have gotten that, I think that's a pretty good tire for what CO throws at us.:beer:

That is good to know....Thanks.

Riley Moss

Toyo MTS are great in the snow when siphed haven't had an issue with them at all the AT's suck in the snow but are overall a great tire.

Riley Moss

Toyo also came out with a new tire it's a cross between the MT and AT its called the RT they are aggressive like the MT but the rubber is less flexible like the AT

Yea id say it depends on how much snow. I got my toyo mts right before we got 15" and they went great. In minimal snow tho, id say they are more like the whole "driving on hockey pucks".

Last edited:
Top Bottom